Occupy Jacksonville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just want to propose some ideas for this group

2 posters

Go down

Just want to propose some ideas for this group Empty Just want to propose some ideas for this group

Post by ZachAddair Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:51 pm

Hey all! I'm working on structure and ideas for how we can work better together. Would Facilitation be a part of this group? Facilitation would be in charge of making sure we are keeping General Assemblies and other meetings moving, make sure someone is taking stack, make sure someone is taking minutes, etc... I think we really need to organize the Facilitation Group soon, and probably under the bigger title of Events Group, because I don't want any one person forced to Facilitate every single meeting.

We gotta start training people in the process! Smile
ZachAddair
ZachAddair

http://waightstillavery.bandcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Just want to propose some ideas for this group Empty Re: Just want to propose some ideas for this group

Post by Dinahmoe Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:16 pm

Roberts rules of order has worked pretty well for for over 100 years! Perhaps take bits and pieces of it and apply it to the GA's. I really think there are too many teams as it is. With every problem, or situation, decide what team should cover it. (and hopefully they will have the manpower to implement it) That would make 19 teams by my count and it just gets baffling for someone to sort through. Not that all the teams aren't needed, but the main teams should delegate to lesser teams.

I agree wholeheartedly, as I am a stickler for organization and order! Just want to propose some ideas for this group Soapbox
Dinahmoe
Dinahmoe

Back to top Go down