Occupy Jacksonville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

March to Riverside Arts Market

2 posters

Go down

March to Riverside Arts Market Empty March to Riverside Arts Market

Post by D. Mocracy Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:03 pm

I heard some talk of marching to Riverside Arts Market this Saturday since we are planning to meet at Riverside Park. I also heard someone voice concerns about disrupting business there, especially because those are the kind of businesses we want to support. RAM would provide some great visibility, but instead of just marching there i think we ask people to spend a few bucks to support locally owned businesses. I believe as a movement we have to live our principles a.k.a put our money where our mouth is.

D. Mocracy

http://www.ipoliticglobal.com

Back to top Go down

March to Riverside Arts Market Empty Re: March to Riverside Arts Market

Post by lunarfaerie Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:18 pm

this is a good point and is already being discussed by many of us on various facebook threads...

i think the proposed march route would actually have us ending up in the first guaranty bank parking lot across the street from RAM and then dispersing from there all the while encouraging our occupiers to vote with those dollars by patronizing & supporting the local community market that RAM provides...

=)
lunarfaerie
lunarfaerie

Back to top Go down