Occupy Jacksonville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PRE 10/15 GENERAL ASSEMBLY TO DISCUSS GRIEVANCES/ACTION PLAN!!

+4
skchange
CJefferson
Trizzle
KSanon
8 posters

Go down

PRE 10/15 GENERAL ASSEMBLY TO DISCUSS GRIEVANCES/ACTION PLAN!! Empty PRE 10/15 GENERAL ASSEMBLY TO DISCUSS GRIEVANCES/ACTION PLAN!!

Post by KSanon Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:29 pm

After listening and communicating with team members in OccupyATL and OccupyTallahassee, I believe we should have a general assembly meeting BEFORE we occupy Hemming Plaza again on 10/15. We need to discuss our grievances as a group, create an action plan for a full scale occupation in alignment with Florida and national occupations, and further discuss teams and needs.

PLEASE view the minutes from Occupy Tallahassee's first general assembly. I think it's a good start and motivator to get Jacksonville more organized and involved:
http://occupytallahassee.org/2011/10/09/notes-by-minutes-from-first-general-assembly/

Can we please discuss a time, date, and location?
I am proposing Thursday October 13 at 6:30 to adequately get the word out and accommodate schedules! Let's figure out a spot to meet that has enough capacity!

Thank you for your time, please discuss!

KSanon

Back to top Go down

PRE 10/15 GENERAL ASSEMBLY TO DISCUSS GRIEVANCES/ACTION PLAN!! Empty PLEASE SHARE!

Post by KSanon Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:36 pm

Discuss within FB, twitter, and Tumblr!

KSanon

Back to top Go down

PRE 10/15 GENERAL ASSEMBLY TO DISCUSS GRIEVANCES/ACTION PLAN!! Empty Re: PRE 10/15 GENERAL ASSEMBLY TO DISCUSS GRIEVANCES/ACTION PLAN!!

Post by Trizzle Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:08 pm

I agree can't we discuss this in the forums?

Trizzle
Admin

https://occupyjax.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

PRE 10/15 GENERAL ASSEMBLY TO DISCUSS GRIEVANCES/ACTION PLAN!! Empty Re: PRE 10/15 GENERAL ASSEMBLY TO DISCUSS GRIEVANCES/ACTION PLAN!!

Post by CJefferson Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:34 pm

At all of the other occupy meetings it is done a certain way. Are we not going to try to copy the way they do their meetings to the way were going to do ours. Why can't we do this on 10/15 instead just listening to as many speeches and marching?

CJefferson

Back to top Go down

Post by skchange Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:23 pm

I think a meetup is a very good idea. Thursday is good for me. What a Face
skchange
skchange

Back to top Go down

Post by lunarfaerie Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:57 pm

this idea make a lot of sense...more of a planning meeting than a message/issues meeting.

really, i think the meeting minutes of the tallahassee group show that this type of gathering would be less about speeches and grievances, and more about logistics and organizing for the GA meetings.

i am totally in, thurs sounds good & i will start seeing if i can come up with any "venues" large enough to accommodate...however, if we go this route- we must make sure people know what type of meeting this would be so they know what to expect and can plan/prepare accordingly.

Very Happy
lunarfaerie
lunarfaerie

Back to top Go down

Post by lunarfaerie Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:04 pm

as a matter of fact, for a meeting of this type, we may be able to meet somewhere like chamblins uptown, zodiac bar & grill (on adams st), (or maybe even another local business or two i can think of, it will depend on how large a group we think we will have for this type of meeting v.s. a GA style rally/meeting)...

i say chamblins first off, since, they have very publicly come out in support of the movement already and prob would be happy to accommodate a reasonably sized group of us...
lunarfaerie
lunarfaerie

Back to top Go down

Post by tinapunk Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:35 pm

I'm down for a pre-meeting. Just to get things a little more organized for saturday.
tinapunk
tinapunk

http://triplextina.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelaC Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:16 pm

I'm game for a pre-meeting any evening. Marching is good for publicity but I agree that it would be wise to figure out a real game plan.
AngelaC
AngelaC

Back to top Go down

Post by ZachAddair Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:55 pm

Yeah, I'm good any evening or weekend day for a pre-meeting meeting as well. We could probably take this group of people and keep the second meeting going as well.

We could just label it the planning meeting and use it to keep the workings of our group smooth, making sure we have people in every aspect keeping things running and who know how to run meetings, to document, etc.. etc...
ZachAddair
ZachAddair

http://waightstillavery.bandcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Trizzle Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:58 pm

10/15 is just a GA not the actual occupation.

Trizzle
Admin

https://occupyjax.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ZachAddair Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:56 pm

The actual Occupation has already begun my friend. Smile
ZachAddair
ZachAddair

http://waightstillavery.bandcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down