Occupy Jacksonville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What civil weapons do we have left?

4 posters

Go down

What civil weapons do we have left?  Empty What civil weapons do we have left?

Post by GeoffH Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:16 pm

After watching an hour or so of the news cycle I am beginning to think that this movement (though still growing) is somehow attracting enough attention to be systematically ignored. The bank owned and run media circus is paying more attention to the NBA trade negotiations than the atrocities that were done to those people in New York yesterday. This got me to thinking. What do we do when our voice is no longer heard. What happens when the 1% ignores us and continues on with business as usual.

My Proposal:

We stop paying them. Make no mistake this movement is revolutionary. It is to effect real change in America. It is to take back the democratic process. This is what Thomas Paine was talking about in "Common Sense". We live in an era when the masses (the 99%) do not have access to violent weapons that can compete with the governmental military industrial complex. It does not matter that the 2nd amendment exists. Our ability to bear arms against the tyrannical oppression we face is out paced by their ability to attain weapons that are far superior. So now we have to fight with the only weapon we have left. The only weapon that they fear. Our money.

The first step is to to bankrupt the banks. Send them a letter with your mortgage statement clearly stating that you refuse to pay. The housing bubble that burst a few years ago was a relatively small portion of the population that could not afford to pay the predatory contracts they had gotten themselves into. While the vast majority of us still paid our mortgage. We continued to push forward while the economy fell down around our ears. The banks got bailed out by the government and now, they took the profits of that bail out and are still taking the homes of those they preyed upon. If a greater majority of landowners (Who are historically the motivators of revolution) make economic war against the banks and the government then they can not ignore us.

I say stop paying your credit. Refuse to pay your mortgage. Refuse to pay your credit cards. Refuse to pay your car loans. Refuse to be used by the banks. Refuse to be a victim anymore. Stand up and tell the banks you are finished. Make them hear us. If we can stand and fight this economic war together, then we can effect real change in America. We can return the government to the people. We can take it away from the Banks and Military Industrial Complex. We can show that the 99% can be heard and cannot be ignored.

Fight! Peacefully.

Last edited by GeoffH on Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:20 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : grammar)

GeoffH

Back to top Go down

What civil weapons do we have left?  Empty Re: What civil weapons do we have left?

Post by Trizzle Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:05 pm

Refuse to work! Who will serve their rich asses when we all refuse to go to our jobs and be slaves to them!

Trizzle
Admin

https://occupyjax.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What civil weapons do we have left?  Empty Re: What civil weapons do we have left?

Post by GeoffH Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:30 pm

I don't think I advocate that. Having a job, working, and being a productive member of society helps the 99%. But, refusing to give the money to the 1% that is how your fight. You need resources to fight a war. This is a war. A peaceful and civil War.

GeoffH

Back to top Go down

Post by lotus86flower Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:38 am

I agree. How can the 99 % occupying each city also be going off to shop at target, walmart, publix, winn-dixie, etc and be buying gas from these same corps that are stealing from us and controlling our government?! We need to spread the message of boycotting these places as well because that will do more damage than protesting and being ignored all the while. BOYCOTT BIG CORPORATIONS! SUPPORT LOCAL SMALL BUSINESSES!
lotus86flower
lotus86flower

Back to top Go down

Post by Rcribb1 Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:18 pm

After the inevitable fall of media coverage, we should move ourselves; rather than as a collective to one public spot, as teams, if you will, to these corporation's front doors. THEIR PROPERTY. Have our voices to be heard not just against Wall Street, but directly in the corporate ears and, more importantly, their wallets. Do not give them the chance to ignore us any longer or ever again.

Rcribb1

Back to top Go down

Post by GeoffH Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:33 pm

Although I support the boycott of large corps and the support of small businesses, I think that those are small potatoes. Take for instance the boycott of Walmart that has been going on for years. We all know they are and evil empire of greed and corruption. They are still the largest provider of jobs in America and are killing small business. The fight has to start with the banks. It has to start with destroying the credit market. It has to cripple the financial markets. By firing financial shots at the 'soldiers' of the financial war we leave the 'generals' alone in their ivory towers. Focus on how to bring down the banks. Boycotts will help a little but, fighting the banks directly is how we are going to effect change.

GeoffH

Back to top Go down

Post by lotus86flower Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:53 pm

I agree with you Rcribb1! That should be discussed at the Assembly tomorrow! And GeoffH, I aslo agree with you, the banks need to be held accountable for fraud and other crimes. We should discuss the steps to get to the banks and have the government prosecute the criminals.
lotus86flower
lotus86flower

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down