Occupy Jacksonville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My introduction

4 posters

Go down

My introduction Empty My introduction

Post by UNFENG Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:10 pm

I am a recent graduate of the University of North Florida with a degree in Mechanical Engineering. I think most of these people in the #occupywallstreet movement are at worst are batshit crazy anarchists and at the least are misinformed. I am here to defend the Constitution of the United States of America, Individual Liberty, and FREE markets... Government is not the solution to our problems but they are the cause of our problems. Time and time again history has proven that when the government steps in to try and solve problems they overspend and underproduce. Look at social security, welfare, stimulus, Tarp, etc... The financial crisis we were put into was because of bills like the Community Re-investment act along with politicians forcing banks to take on risky customers for mortgages that created a housing bubble that was unsustainable and eventually burst. Flawed keynesian economics policies implemented by this President have failed miserably in turning this economy around. I suggest all of you download and watch a 1980's PBS series by Nobel Prize winning Economist Milton Friedman, "Free to choose" to understand why. We need to scale back our federal government to only the specific powers granted by the United States Constitution and leave the rest to the states. To fix this economy we need to slash government spending and regulation and implement more free trade and more free market regulation. Last but not least, It is my hope that President Barack Obama will be defeated in the elections of 2012 by whoever the Republican nominee is although some are better than others.

UNFENG

Back to top Go down

My introduction Empty Re: My introduction

Post by DaJollyRogers Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:28 pm

I'm a pretty right-leaning individual myself, but I'm going out to OccupyJAX (I'm also a senior at UNF) just to stand for the fact that things need changing, period. I may not agree with most there on how they need changing, but at least I agree that the status-quo-- the as-is situation-- is grossly flawed and not working.
DaJollyRogers
DaJollyRogers

Back to top Go down

Post by CJefferson Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:05 pm

I'm not sure where your getting your data from but history would show that when there is a recession or economic failure government spending is the best thing for the country. Right now companies are sitting on stock piles of money and not spending it. The government needs to step in and start creating jobs, building bridges, building rail systems, finishing construction on buildings, anything to jump start the economy. New programs should be started and money should be pumped into our public schools and other public run organization. Then when the economy is in a better position we can start deregulating and make our way back to small federal government. Of course, then there will be another crash in 50 years... Either way we cannot label this movement. You can be both left or right. What matters the most is that we all come together and fight. Corporations need to be help responsible and there needs to be massive change! Hope to see ya there Saturday!

CJefferson

Back to top Go down

Post by UNFENG Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:17 pm

@CJefferson,

I appreciate your comment although I disagree. I think if you just take an objective look at TARP (passed under Bush) and the Stimulus Package, they have not jump started the economy, didn't create shovel ready jobs and we are on the brink of another recession. So the effects of your statement that the government spending money will jump start the economy just hasn't happened. Not to mention, the current administration has spent more money than all presidents up to George HW Bush combined.

So, I think we need to slash government spending and go back to having Free Markets. If banks made risky loans they should fail and not given a bailout by taxpayers (Deposits are insured by the FDIC)... If people took out a mortgage they couldn't afford they should be foreclosed on... This type of Free Market regulation will cut the greed out of the system on both sides (Supply and Demand) and get the fundamentals of the economy back on track instead of trying to prop up these bad companies or falsely telling people that they can own homes they can't afford.

UNFENG

Back to top Go down

My introduction Empty Not Right or Left

Post by friendofcash Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:21 am

Over heard, "It's not about right-wing or left-wing. It's more about the price of chicken-wings."

friendofcash

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum