Occupy Jacksonville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Proposal for a direct action plan

+8
ironhorzmn
brit0310
friendofcash
CrazyCatLady
ZachAddair
Geno
Dinahmoe
VerbatimCat
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Proposal for a direct action plan - Page 3 Empty Re: Proposal for a direct action plan

Post by VerbatimCat Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:26 pm

Back to the topic,

I know that quite a few people have expressed their concerns about this data being collected. With the knowledge that this is an anonymous, voluntary, I see no reason to fear this data, and none of the arguements against it have made much sense to me yet. However, we cannot ignore the amount of people raising concerns, so let's decide on this democratically at the GA.

I propose that we start handing out the questionnaires (generously printed and donated by Ms. CrazyCatLady) at the event. We can instruct volunteers that will hand them out to inform participants that this is anonymous and voluntary. The reason for the survey is simply to get a better grasp about who is attending this week's event, and no specific purpose has been proposed on "How to use this data". Though no data will be published without consent of the GA.

During the GA, when teams are aloud to do the announcements, Media or Education will put the entire thing to vote. If those at the GA vote that they do not want this data used for anything, we destroy it.

Like I said, I don't see the harm in having more information about ourselves, but we'll do this the directly democratic way. If someone who can explicitly defend not collecting the data and one who can make an argument for collecting would like to make their case wants to speak, please let me know so we can set it up.

The reason I propose handing out the survey's first is simply for time's sake. If we wait until the GA agrees/disagrees, we may have a lack of time.

P.S. I'll grab a pack of pencils to bring tomorrow. I think we may sorely miss clip boards though.

VerbatimCat

Back to top Go down

Proposal for a direct action plan - Page 3 Empty Re: Proposal for a direct action plan

Post by brit0310 Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:26 pm

VerbatimCat,
That sounds like a great idea to me.
I would accent to be very careful about publishing anything, including drafts, the MSM may have a use for on the public forum. The group 99%Declaration did that and their preliminary draft of the declaration was picked up by MSM newspapers. The group is in a little bit of doo-doo right now over this issue.

brit0310

Back to top Go down

Post by VerbatimCat Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:37 pm

Well if the GA votes against the collection, the data will never make it to digital format. Hard to google hard copies lol.

VerbatimCat

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyCatLady Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:01 pm

Thanks to all who helped.

Last edited by CrazyCatLady on Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
CrazyCatLady
CrazyCatLady

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinahmoe Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:04 pm

brit0310 wrote:Dina,
Is the new site up?
The current site should stay up temporarily so folks can move their posts to new home. Disabling ability to add posts would be fine. I'm fine with whatever is done since I'm pliable, errr, I mean flexible...

Not yet, it's taking a bit more time than we thought and don't want to put up stuff that could fail. Need to test things and make sure it all works, plus learning how this stuff works! Soon!
Dinahmoe
Dinahmoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennie Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:58 am

I can help test, and see any big picture issues. I'm not the best when it comes to fashion but pretty good at finding flaws that stick out in buttons, methods of exploring, things that don't look like they should etc.
Kennie
Kennie

Back to top Go down

Post by friendofcash Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:23 pm

The questionnaire we filled out today didn't have the comments area on it.
???

Peace,
Debbie

friendofcash

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinahmoe Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:11 am

It's not all about you! Proposal for a direct action plan - Page 3 Moon

They were looking for specific information, not really a questionnaire.
Dinahmoe
Dinahmoe

Back to top Go down

Post by friendofcash Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:16 am

Gotcha.

friendofcash

Back to top Go down

Post by skchange Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:05 am

skchange
skchange

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3