Occupy Jacksonville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Volunteer for Medical Team

+5
Parrot
j-villain
TheMightyLunchbox
Trizzle
Corporation Cruncher
9 posters

Go down

Volunteer for Medical Team Empty Volunteer for Medical Team

Post by Corporation Cruncher Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:14 am

Hey everyone. Please post here if you want to be a medic for Occupy Jacksonville on the ground while we're demonstrating. Make sure to post what kind of experience you have (as far as medical training goes) and what kind of supplies you have on hand that you'd be willing to bring. Thanks.

- CC

Corporation Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Volunteer for Medical Team Empty Re: Volunteer for Medical Team

Post by Trizzle Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:03 pm

You want to head up this department?

Trizzle
Admin

https://occupyjax.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMightyLunchbox Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:38 pm

Ethan Box here. I'm a former EMT Basic. Count me in

TheMightyLunchbox

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMightyLunchbox Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:42 pm

Trizzle wrote:You want to head up this department?

I think whoever heads the department should be the one with the highest level of training. For right now, let's just plan on meeting Saturday, and in the meantime, be getting your gear ready.
How about we all wear our red crosses Saturday, and then we can spot each other quickly and get down to business? We have a lot to discuss: Essential equipment, ethics, tactics, etc.

TheMightyLunchbox

Back to top Go down

Post by j-villain Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:26 pm

I have treated diabetes wounds and mental health. Been injured tons as kid. Stitched me own face, damn well i must say. All this is experience only, no documents. Also herbal enthusiast. Also have injury prone 9 yo w/ no ins.
j-villain
j-villain

Back to top Go down

Post by Parrot Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:56 pm

I've had basic first aid training. I also spent 9 weeks in New Orleans after Katrina doing Search & Rescue for the animals left behind. Not only was I giving first aid to the animals, it was also necessary to give first aid to fellow rescuers. I would like to help.
Parrot
Parrot

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMightyLunchbox Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:10 pm

Parrot wrote:I've had basic first aid training. I also spent 9 weeks in New Orleans after Katrina doing Search & Rescue for the animals left behind. Not only was I giving first aid to the animals, it was also necessary to give first aid to fellow rescuers. I would like to help.

Glad to have you on board!

TheMightyLunchbox

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMightyLunchbox Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:11 pm

j-villain wrote:I have treated diabetes wounds and mental health. Been injured tons as kid. Stitched me own face, damn well i must say. All this is experience only, no documents. Also herbal enthusiast. Also have injury prone 9 yo w/ no ins.

You really should have some kind of documentation. Why don't you go to the red cross and take a first aid/cpr class? They have 3 or 4 a week

TheMightyLunchbox

Back to top Go down

Volunteer for Medical Team Empty veteran

Post by tankerriggs Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:30 am

I am a recently separated vet who has combat life savers trying everything from giving iva to setting broken bones to taking care of heat stroke victims I was infantry and we all must learn to care for fellow soldiers if there is anything I can do to help I will.

tankerriggs

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMightyLunchbox Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:59 am

tankerriggs wrote:I am a recently separated vet who has combat life savers trying everything from giving iva to setting broken bones to taking care of heat stroke victims I was infantry and we all must learn to care for fellow soldiers if there is anything I can do to help I will.

Sounds pretty bad ass. Do you have any kind of documentation about that particular training? I just want to be sure everyone's got some kind of proof of training in case it comes into question by the cops or the media or whoever. But, I'd love to have you on board.

TheMightyLunchbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:32 pm

Hi. I'm a Combat Medic and EMT-B. I've got a current CPR, etc. I used tot each the aforementioned Combat Lifesaver, so I can probably vouch for TankerRiggs after a couple of questions. We don't really give out documentation for it and it'll most likely only be on his DD214; not a document to wave around will nilly.

Also, depending on what happens in the near future, I'll probably be certified as a CPR Instructor. If that becomes the case, then if we can organize the classes, I can donate my time. But that isn't happening yet, so something to think about.

Can someone shoot me a PM on what's happening, when and where. I'm kinda behind the power curve here, so I need a quick and dirty briefing.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Rcribb1 Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:30 pm

As it seems are a couple of others, I am former military and have been trained in dealing most common ailments (a little out of practice as I left service over 2 years ago but still remember a good deal of it). I am also CPR certified. I am more than willing to donate my time to help those that believe as I do.

Cass, do you think you could set up a quick refresher course for the morning?

Rcribb1

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:06 pm

I don't mind, but legally I can't "teach" CPR. I can go over some First Responder stuff, what to look for in heat/ cold ailments, etc. FR CPR is very different than regular CPR and it's very easy.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMightyLunchbox Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:21 pm

Cass wrote:Hi. I'm a Combat Medic and EMT-B. I've got a current CPR, etc. I used tot each the aforementioned Combat Lifesaver, so I can probably vouch for TankerRiggs after a couple of questions. We don't really give out documentation for it and it'll most likely only be on his DD214; not a document to wave around will nilly.

Also, depending on what happens in the near future, I'll probably be certified as a CPR Instructor. If that becomes the case, then if we can organize the classes, I can donate my time. But that isn't happening yet, so something to think about.

Can someone shoot me a PM on what's happening, when and where. I'm kinda behind the power curve here, so I need a quick and dirty briefing.

We just need some kind of documentation to cover our asses legally. So, whatever he can bring me would be awesome.

TheMightyLunchbox

Back to top Go down

Post by KelliKing Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:19 am

I would love to help if I am needed. I am red cross CPR and First aid certified Adult/Child/Infant. I've been certified since I was 12. I used to race sports bikes so I've dealt with my fair share of road rash, broken bones, head trauma, and worse. My only handicap is my 3.5 month old daughter...can make being in one place for long periods of time difficult. Razz Also, I have a first aid kit I will gladly donate to the cause! I will buy some water bottles if needed??? Very Happy
KelliKing
KelliKing

https://www.facebook.com/kelli.king2

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMightyLunchbox Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:26 pm

KelliKing wrote:I would love to help if I am needed. I am red cross CPR and First aid certified Adult/Child/Infant. I've been certified since I was 12. I used to race sports bikes so I've dealt with my fair share of road rash, broken bones, head trauma, and worse. My only handicap is my 3.5 month old daughter...can make being in one place for long periods of time difficult. Razz Also, I have a first aid kit I will gladly donate to the cause! I will buy some water bottles if needed??? Very Happy

Sounds great, Kelli. We're trying to pick a time and place for our first group meeting. There's another thread under medical where we're trying to get everyone's availability. If you could make a post on there letting us know when you're available, we'd love to have you.

TheMightyLunchbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down