Occupy Jacksonville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Live stream

+9
Tracy Pardue
7eleven
JordanN
Shank
DaJollyRogers
swayda
j-villain
JLBell
Trizzle
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Live stream Empty Live stream

Post by Trizzle Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:11 pm

Any ideas for a way to stream the occupation live? i have a laptop and mobile wifi hotspot (3G). Any ideas how to keep it charged?

Trizzle
Admin

https://occupyjax.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Live stream Empty Power

Post by JLBell Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:27 am

I can try and help find a small generator. I have a friend who may be willing to lend one...that would be ideal. MOCA or Cafe Nola donating power a possibility? I'll look into that as well.

JLBell

Back to top Go down

Live stream Empty Re: Live stream

Post by Trizzle Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:50 pm

Also i need someone to donate a decent USB camera. Mine only faces the user of the laptop.

Trizzle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by j-villain Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:40 am

I have camera w/ tripod, might not be ideal. Also a friend from g-ville said he would be in town when it starts to show fellow gvillians and www. All i know, leaving the rest up to you fine folks.
j-villain
j-villain

Back to top Go down

Post by Trizzle Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:05 am

j-villain wrote:I have camera w/ tripod, might not be ideal.
Is it usb? Does video?

Trizzle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by swayda Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:48 pm

Live stream is easily doable. Just need a power source (video capture is battery intensive). An android phone, an iPhone, a laptop, etc can all stream to justin.tv and ustream.tv for free.

swayda

Back to top Go down

Post by Trizzle Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:51 pm

yeah i was thinking justin.tv i have a good android but i tried it and its super laggy.

Trizzle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by swayda Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:57 pm

My phone can handle it and I am sure people there will have phones with them. The hardest part is going to be keeping them powered, I definitely don't want to use all my phone battery streaming, and then not have enough battery to text or call if things get crazy out there. Anyone who has battery packs, phone rechargers (the type you find at airports, etc), definitely bring them.

swayda

Back to top Go down

Post by JLBell Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:01 am

I have a great USB digital slr if needed..It takes an holds a lot of video.

JLBell

Back to top Go down

Post by DaJollyRogers Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:44 am

Lets make a consolidated spot that will hold the links to all of the livestreams; just having scattered livestreams that nobody really knows about won't help anyone.

EDIT: If you plan on livestreaming, or meet anyone who is livestreaming, perhaps direct them to either the facebook or this section of the forum to post their link?
DaJollyRogers
DaJollyRogers

Back to top Go down

Post by Shank Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:53 am

i can live stream from my phone too..

and i have people bringing other cameras...

but if we have enough people doing live streams from phones and we can have whoever is running the twitter follow all those people they can post several live streams at once throughout the entire event.
Shank
Shank

http://knowtoomuch.info

Back to top Go down

Post by JordanN Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:14 pm

Ustream would be ideal. As for the power Issue, I have solar powered equipment available, just need a place to chain and lock it to.

JordanN

Back to top Go down

Post by 7eleven Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:03 pm

I have a 4g hotspot built into my phone if 3g lags , i saw alot of people in OWS with camera's tied to long sticks. Prob recording and then uploading later , prob would be a good idea to have a couple of those in the works ! i have a long pole and a camera so if needed i could strap mine to it.

7eleven

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracy Pardue Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:32 am

Atten tech team. Is there any way we can unban someone from the community page? i would like to get someone back on the community page.

second- I have experienced posts that disappear on the FB page. First they are there and then gone. I think something maybe going on w/ FB. I sent some private messages to persons and they never got it. if some one is knowledgeable in this area can you look into it. Thank You Tracy

Tracy Pardue

Back to top Go down

Post by swayda Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:50 am

As far as unbanning, you would have to take that up with the mods. Odds are he/she was being extremely disruptive to the message in order to get banned from what is essentially a leaderless movement at the moment. Odds are there we personal insults or just some batsh*t being thrown.

As far as the FB post, just want to make sure, did you click on "Everyone (Most Recent)" recent. Facebook has the page creator highlighted by default at the top, so all other posts are hidden, unless you click on Everyone (Most Recent). It is towards the top of the Facebook wall and easy to miss. Facebook is just a great UI, isn't it? /r/Sarcasm.

swayda

Back to top Go down

Live stream Empty Wall Street Tech

Post by brit0310 Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:44 am

I was curious about actual tech used at wall street since it might serve as a useful guide. The article The Technology Propelling #OccupyWallStreet explains what is used with many details.

brit0310

Back to top Go down

Post by 7eleven Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:30 am

I will have my laptop with me tomorrow which has a card reader and can use my phones 4g hotspot but i think i overheard people say the whole place is a wifi hotspot anyway, i saw plug in junctions all over the place to charge. we need to do this on a weekday(s)

7eleven

Back to top Go down

Post by brit0310 Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:19 pm

I brought my iPad 2 wifi to Henning Plaza last Saturday. I was unable to detect any wifi hotspots. There is a bookstore across the street with a wifi hotspot and a few folks went there to get on web. I'm scrambling today to setup a system but not sure how far I'll get. The system will be a Canon HV30 with firewire connection to dell e6410 (win7-64bit) with intel my wifi. I'll know more about progress by 5pm.

brit0310

Back to top Go down

Post by 7eleven Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:38 pm

I have Wifi 4g speed and a dell xps m1530 ready to handle whatever. would you mind pming me so we can network what programs will be used and also where we will be broadcasting live. I would love to help anyway i can !

7eleven

Back to top Go down

Post by brit0310 Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:24 pm

I was able to get equipment I wanted. I have a Canon HV30 and Dell E6410 (Win7-64bit). I installed Livestream Procaster and HV30 streams fine to web with firewire. Is there any other software I should install on the Dell? I also have a pro-quality tripod and I'll bring this equipment with me tomorrow.

brit0310

Back to top Go down

Post by OutlawBranded Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:18 am

Hemming Plaza has outlets if we were to be there that can be used. We also should make an official OccupyJax Ustream account. We can also have others but at least make sure we have 1 specific one we can advertise for people to go to.

OutlawBranded

http://outlawbranded.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinahmoe Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:11 pm

So, did we get a camera? I have extra usb webcams.

If you have a car cord for your laptop, a good jump box can supply 12V for a good time, don't know if all day, but I know they can put out 400 amps for a minute or so. So 2 amps for a few hours easy? (I don't think a laptop draws 2 amps, maybe?) I have a spare battery for one it can be trickle charged with any 12V charger.
Dinahmoe
Dinahmoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:34 am

I have an occupyjax ustream still setup from the first meeting
With the two batteries i have i can stream about 2.5-3 hours of coverage
I am ordering another battery to extend that

Ustream.tv/channel/occupyjax
Toaster
Toaster

Back to top Go down

Live stream Empty Video Editing Station

Post by brit0310 Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:13 am

One of the things regarding livestreaming that we need is ability to select from multiple possible cameras and route to a single OccupyJax livestream. I don't have any experience doing this so I've had to research a little. The term I found for this capability is a video editing station. I found two products appear to serve this purpose.

Livestream Studio is a free web-based interface for this purpose.
Wirecast 4 is a licensed application running on host computer for this purpose.

Does anyone have thoughts/experiences regarding a video editing station using either of these products or something similar?

brit0310

Back to top Go down

Post by 7eleven Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:00 pm

I have wirecast 4.1 pro Smile not much use of it tho , ill let you know !

7eleven

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next