Occupy Jacksonville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Criminal Defense Attorney- Pro Bono Representation

+4
7eleven
sarahmannion
Keith
GrahamSyfert
8 posters

Go down

Criminal Defense Attorney- Pro Bono Representation Empty Criminal Defense Attorney- Pro Bono Representation

Post by GrahamSyfert Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:20 pm

I will be happy to represent many, if not all, of any arrested protesters for free. Hopefully there are not too many people arrested. I do this based upon my belief in the people to peaceably assemble in protest, and it is very likely that some of my near and dear friends will be attending.

I will not be a mouthpiece for, represent, or in anyway organize the event, for many reasons. However, I am readily available for consultations, and will represent those charged with code ordinance violations or who are arrested.

Graham Syfert
1529 Margaret St, Unit 2
Jacksonville, FL 32204
(904) 383-7448
www.syfert.com

I will also likely be observing on the day of the event. I will be available from 11:30am Saturday to 11:30am Sunday, to cover all arrests from the beginning and the end of the protests, and for first appearance in the morning. The biggest problem would be people knowing to contact me.

GrahamSyfert

Back to top Go down

Criminal Defense Attorney- Pro Bono Representation Empty Re: Criminal Defense Attorney- Pro Bono Representation

Post by Keith Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:26 pm

GrahamSyfert wrote:The biggest problem would be people knowing to contact me.
I can print out leaflets with your information and hand them out during the GA, if that's OK with you? And thanks for your help and the quick response. I was beginning to worry that I wouldn't hear back from anyone in time! Smile

I'm also going to sticky this post so everyone visiting this forum will see it first Wink
Keith
Keith

Back to top Go down

Criminal Defense Attorney- Pro Bono Representation Empty Re: Criminal Defense Attorney- Pro Bono Representation

Post by sarahmannion Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:23 pm

Mr. Syfert,

I have sent my contact information to the Legal Team for occupyjax. I have been a paralegal for 4.5 years and am a 3L at Florida Coastal. If I can be of any assistance to you during the protest on Saturday (interviews, statements, drafting pleadings, etc.), I would love to help.

sarahmannion

Back to top Go down

Post by GrahamSyfert Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:28 pm

Keith wrote:
GrahamSyfert wrote:The biggest problem would be people knowing to contact me.
I can print out leaflets with your information and hand them out during the GA, if that's OK with you? And thanks for your help and the quick response. I was beginning to worry that I wouldn't hear back from anyone in time! Smile

I'm also going to sticky this post so everyone visiting this forum will see it first Wink

I have all these rules of ethics by which I need to abide. Please no printed material.

Because it's catchy, 383-SHIT will ring my phone. My apologies to the mothers and children out there, it happened on accident, but if they can say it on primetime...

GrahamSyfert

Back to top Go down

Post by 7eleven Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:10 am

love it ! I know the laws and i know JSO can overstep their end of things , its good to have a legal member on the team it might make JSO respect the local movement more. Hey dont get me wrong if they are cool that day and we are too im sure it will be a great day !

7eleven

Back to top Go down

Post by kfmac001 Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:21 am

Graham - Can I carry a protest sign that reads. "Wall Street - Kiss My Troubled A$$ets," and be okay? I cannot afford to be arrested. I will be well dressed, respectful of all other regulations/street signs, etc. I cannot afford to be arrested, but I cannot afford to sit idly by.

kfmac001

Back to top Go down

Criminal Defense Attorney- Pro Bono Representation Empty Thanks!!

Post by Evey Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:38 am

So glad to have you on board! Lucky to have you there, will have your number on my arm Saturday.
Evey
Evey

Back to top Go down

Post by GeoffH Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:59 am

Graham,

If you are the guy I think you are, my mom says hi. And I need to talk to you about a crazy warrant I have. Smile

GeoffH

Back to top Go down

Post by teckniec Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:47 am

cool now the non sui juris have someone to go to. Sweet.

teckniec

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down