Occupy Jacksonville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update on the City Council work group meeting on 11/03/11.

Go down

Update on the City Council work group meeting on 11/03/11. Empty Update on the City Council work group meeting on 11/03/11.

Post by Dionnareilly Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:41 pm

Our goals. The City Council group has decided that our key goals are to increase transparency in local government, especially in regards to campaign financing, and to eliminate corporate welfare in its current state, recommending any taxpayer funds used to create jobs be given instead to existing small local businesses.

We are staying focused on JPMorgan for now, We need to show a presence at the Nov. 8th City Council meeting even though they are not voting on the bill that night. It gives another chance to make our voice heard, also in case the City Council decides to deem the bill an emergency and decides to go ahead with the vote on the 8th. I don't think this is likely however there is the chance it could happen. We also want to make sure we show a strong presence on the 22nd.

We are also working on hands-outs that explain how to fill out the blue cards for when we want to speak and on general info about how to keep ourselves creditable by what we say and how we are seen by the council members, we don't want to look like a bunch of radicals just there to cause trouble.

I'm working on getting Geno content for the new web page.

I think thats about it thank you everyone for your time and hard work!!!!!

Dee

Dionnareilly

Back to top Go down