Occupy Jacksonville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Occupy Protest Song

2 posters

Go down

Occupy Protest Song Empty Occupy Protest Song

Post by brit0310 Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:07 am

Songwriter Remy rewrites lyrics to Bob Dylan's song, "These Times, They Are A Changin".

brit0310

Back to top Go down

Occupy Protest Song Empty Re: Occupy Protest Song

Post by friendofcash Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:20 pm

Are you serving on the culture group??? Before I spend a lot of time researching this guy: Are you suggesting he may be interested in performing at an event. Is he local? Has expressed an interst in serving on the Culture Group. We need performers!!! Did Dylan mind us using his tune and change the words. Loooooove his lyrics, powerful. Please forward the copyright info.
Peace,
Debbie

friendofcash

Back to top Go down

Post by brit0310 Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:34 pm

friend,
I'm on tech team and I hover around some of the other teams as well, but not the culture team very much.

I monitor for Occupy Wall Street videos on YouTube and noticed this one this morning. I thought the song made a great statement of what we're about and what we're doing and thought it best to post in Background info folder for those looking to find out about us.

The musician's full name is Remy Munasifi and he lives in Fairfax County, Virginia. I had never heard of him till this morning and just posted the video without much other thought. After your question, I went and did a little research and was surprised to find that's not his normal singing genre. Most of his songs are rap.

For more info on the song, you can just click on the YouTube icon in the video and that will open a YouTube window. Below the video are a few comments with links to other places.

brit0310

Back to top Go down

Post by friendofcash Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:38 pm

Sounds good. If you find out he wants to play a few tunes, tell him to contact me on Facebook. We have musicians who are traveling to come perform for our demonstrations.

friendofcash

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down