Occupy Jacksonville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Privately Owned Lot(s) Downtown

+7
lunarfaerie
friendofcash
melittophily
Toaster
Corporation Cruncher
Geno
Keith
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Privately Owned Lot(s) Downtown - Page 2 Empty Re: Privately Owned Lot(s) Downtown

Post by jodikasten Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:11 pm

I think it would be really smart to check with a JSO or municipal community liaison and be 100% sure it's legal. No sense going to all this work only to find we've missed something.

jodikasten

Back to top Go down

Privately Owned Lot(s) Downtown - Page 2 Empty Re: Privately Owned Lot(s) Downtown

Post by Keith Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:28 pm

Well, it turns out using the lot across from Maxwell would be considered a "Special Event" because it's on public property and there's the possibility of 500+ being there. Therefore, we'd need the same permits and insurance we would need to occupy a park. Mad

However, if we use private property, as we originally intended, we won't need a permit unless we PLAN on having people at the "event" use public land or roads - which I'm pretty sure we don't.

See here for more info:
http://library.municode.com/HTML/12174/level3/TITVIBUTROC_CH191SPEVENDI_PT1SPEV.html

So, my suggestion would be that we just need to go back to the original lot I found earlier... scratch
Keith
Keith

Back to top Go down

Post by jodikasten Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:56 pm

There's always a loophole, isn't there? Razz

jodikasten

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:03 am

Possible loophole found... or an exception for the first amendment to that ordinance rather. Don't know why I didn't see this before...

See Sec. 119.191:
http://library.municode.com/HTML/12174/level3/TITVIBUTROC_CH191SPEVENDI_PT1SPEV.html#TITVIBUTROC_CH191SPEVENDI_PT1SPEV_S191.119COWAAUAVUNBUUPPRFIAMEXALVEEV

Basically, from my understanding, we just need to inform the Chief of that district and he can grant us a waiver. That sound about right with everyone else? scratch
Keith
Keith

Back to top Go down

Post by jodikasten Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:58 pm

That is exciting news!

jodikasten

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyCatLady Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:09 am

Did anyone contact St. John Episcopal Church... I understand they are VERY liberal and might be sympathetic...

http://www.jaxcathedral.org/
CrazyCatLady
CrazyCatLady

Back to top Go down

Post by lotus86flower Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:20 pm

OMG! It would be awesome to be able to set up a permanent camp downtown! So many more people will join in the movement if this happens!!!

lotus86flower@gmail.com - plz keep me informed on news as far as this is concerned
lotus86flower
lotus86flower

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2