Occupy Jacksonville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Political Party for the "CONSCIOUS" 99

+4
granny smith
Augustus IV
Kennie
OutlawBranded
8 posters

Go down

Political Party for the "CONSCIOUS" 99 Empty Political Party for the "CONSCIOUS" 99

Post by OutlawBranded Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:12 am

I think (Since alot of Occupiers seem to have a distaste for Democrats and Republicans, who really are no different because all their agenda's are set by the 1%) we should join/create a Political Party where WE as the PEOPLE have the say so and control. We can discuss Presidential and Other Political Candidates, Compare Facts and Reasons, And Mutually Agree who we will vote for in elections. Also, if anyone is interested in running for public office.. You can at least count on the 99 for support. Smile

I suggest the Humanist Ankh Party https://facebook.com/ankhparty

Feedback? Suggestions? Ideas?

OutlawBranded

http://outlawbranded.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Political Party for the "CONSCIOUS" 99 Empty Re: Political Party for the "CONSCIOUS" 99

Post by Kennie Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:50 am

Agreed. The difficult part would be to find one that supports so many variety of peopels Idea's. Its a good start, but IMO your going to have to pick a symbol that all Americans feel like supporting. One that the media will not have a field day with.
Kennie
Kennie

Back to top Go down

Political Party for the "CONSCIOUS" 99 Empty Re: Political Party for the "CONSCIOUS" 99

Post by Augustus IV Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:51 am

I posted this idea a couple of days ago and I totally agree. Can you run?

Augustus IV

Back to top Go down

Post by granny smith Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:45 am

I would prefer to see us form a Political Action Committee. We dilute our strength by forming our own political party. We want the pols to either support us or fear our strength. If we were to form our own political party we would be unable to vote in primaries. I for one would not be willing to switch my party affiliation for this reason alone. Take a cue from the tea-baggers. They ran candidates in Republican primaries and forced out moderate Republicans. We can run against regressive candidates in either parties' primaries, where few voters show up, and put our own 99% candidates in their place. That's assuming we all get out and vote in the primaries.

granny smith

Back to top Go down

Post by brit0310 Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:31 am

The distaste is for the compromise of political parties by the 1%. Until that problem is fixed, forming political partties may very well be a moot exercise.

I have posted the following revision, for discussion, of draft 99% Declaration conclusion that currently supports a political party.
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that IF the PETITION OF GRIEVANCES approved by the 870 Delegates of the NATIONAL GENERAL ASSEMBLY in consultation with the PEOPLE, is not acted upon within a reasonable time and to the satisfaction of the Delegates of the NATIONAL GENERAL ASSEMBLY, said Delegates will convene, deliberate, consider, vote and ratify a PETITION OF ACTION to be presented to all local General Assemblies or Working Groups for implementation until the deaf hear the voice of justice and of consanguinity and all vestiges of the existing corrupt corporatocracy have been removed.

brit0310

Back to top Go down

Post by melittophily Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:18 am

As someone who regretfully voted for Nader here in Florida in 2000, I'm inclined to agree with granny smith.

melittophily

Back to top Go down

Post by Augustus IV Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:07 pm

I really don't like the idea of using the current system to wield power. There should be a reformation from the bottom up. This means reforming the political system and process inside and out. Not being apart of any party or using a party to help us 'occupy' defeats the purpose of the movement. At some point we'll have to think about these things.

Augustus IV

Back to top Go down

Post by skchange Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:54 pm

Have to agree with granny and melitt..
You guys saw what they did to Nader. If you look around at most anything in your day to day life. Most likely he had something to do with it. But most dont even know who he is. He made the mistake of running for prez. The shut out and the shut off was fairly complete.
skchange
skchange

Back to top Go down

Post by Shank Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:37 pm

do not be surprised if a third party politician starts to campaign towards us..and don't be fooled by it...

also do not be surprised if someone from inside the movement tries to run under the banner of the 99% / occupy movement...

i do not know who the hell it would be...cornel west has been the only person i've noticed supporting the movement so far that would even have a SMALL chance and i think he is too friendly with obama, even though he criticizes him, for it.

you can feel free to write me in. sunny

lmao
Shank
Shank

http://knowtoomuch.info

Back to top Go down

Post by OutlawBranded Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:14 pm

I'm supportive of the Political Action Commitee if someone can explain more of the direction we would be headed in.

OutlawBranded

http://outlawbranded.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down