Occupy Jacksonville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Group Group (team team?)

4 posters

Go down

Group Group (team team?) Empty Group Group (team team?)

Post by ZachAddair Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:20 pm

I think the group I was trying to start would fit under this category. I just envision a group that is almost like "job placement". See what people are good at and passionate about and see if there is already a group doing it or if we should start another group for it, etc...

Also, just a way to get people motivated and at least joining SOME group to get them involved. Smile
ZachAddair
ZachAddair

http://waightstillavery.bandcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Group Group (team team?) Empty Re: Group Group (team team?)

Post by Dinahmoe Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:40 pm

Ok, my family ran all the sports in our town. They split from little league in the late 50's because they would not allow girls to play softball. So the men, drafted players, got sponsors, did the scheduling coaching and umpiring. The wimmins coached the girls teams and ran the store.

It was a fairly small town so we knew who worked where. Basically, that was a resource. We had a guy that worked at cone mills, free fabric for banners and flags. guy that worked for the school board, free copier and movies! (I still have one of the 16mm projectors here) Guy in the city spliced film, free movies! And on and on.... It was true community, it has since gone way over to red state and is total douchyville now.

My point, and I have one, is everyone should be able to do something. This sense of purpose has kinda been lost after our summer of love. Not entirely selfish, it got so hard to keep a home together, everyone working, people were spent. Thanks ron rayguns no mom's worked when I was growing up, how's that going today? I'd say the team leaders need to assess volunteers and really have to take the lead and delegate. It takes commitment, and we shall see if people here got that?
Dinahmoe
Dinahmoe

Back to top Go down

Post by friendofcash Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:29 am

Zach, the Introduction Thread can be watched for additions. Group organizers can welcome the newbies, convo and suggest groups may need them. Group organizers would have to commit (or find someone who can commit) to lurking on the thread and responding to newcomers to the forum. This could be invaluable in recruiting us folks over 50! This would keep us from losing some people. A group committed welcoming interested people. Ha! The way it's sounding out there, the Media Group/Team are checking the media outlet's articles and responding in a cohesive manner.
I think you have a great idea. Let us know what you need.

friendofcash

Back to top Go down

Post by ZachAddair Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:34 am

I will begin this process of outreach on the intro forum (great idea) and continue to encourage people at the meetings.

We should schedule an outreach/training day next week. Have classes for learning the General Assembly process and give people the tools they need to engage in the process.

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!
ZachAddair
ZachAddair

Back to top Go down

Post by ZachAddair Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:44 am

ps. I do I become a mod for this section of the forum? It isn't working for me for some reason in this area of the boards.
ZachAddair
ZachAddair

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinahmoe Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:46 am

ZachAddair wrote:ps. I do I become a mod for this section of the forum? It isn't working for me for some reason in this area of the boards.

Probably in permissions, that section is pretty funky. You can just hit copy permissions from another forum that does what you want.
Dinahmoe
Dinahmoe

Back to top Go down

Post by ZachAddair Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:19 pm

I think only a supermod can do that. I can't find how to edit permissions if I can.
ZachAddair
ZachAddair

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinahmoe Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:54 pm

I guess it depends on how you are classed. If you can't get in the control panel, and only have mod rights, like posts and crap, you can't do it. Hold on, i'll send a pm.
Dinahmoe
Dinahmoe

Back to top Go down

Post by melittophily Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:27 pm

I like your idea Zach. We can also make an effort to talk to people at the GAs and find out their strengths and try to steer them into appropriate groups/projects.

And yeah, I proposed the Minority Solidariy part and I don't know who came up with the awesome Community Building superheading, but I think all of these things fit together nicely. Basically, an umbrella group dedicated to improving what the movement can do for you AND what you can do for it?

melittophily

Back to top Go down

Post by friendofcash Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:53 pm

OMGoodness! We need this yesterday, Zach. I am tired of telling people how tired everyone has been this week. Occupy Jacksonville has had to accomplish a great deal in order to pull off two general assemblies. Friends, I'm trying to recruit, are put off by our cyber world. I'm getting calls from people who have media connections. I have to tell them ... you get my drift. I will be happy to serve with you!!!!!! This is already taking up all my waking hours, I'd like to know my efforts are deemed worthy of my time. I'm I am representing our movement properly. help massage our ground-roots into grassroots. Of course, I could go on. Catch you later, Zach!

friendofcash

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down