Occupy Jacksonville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Event - Art Walk 10/5

+2
Evey
VerbatimCat
6 posters

Go down

Event - Art Walk 10/5 Empty Event - Art Walk 10/5

Post by VerbatimCat Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:53 am

I would like to propose a small event this Wednesday the 5th during Art Walk. Anyone who has attended Art Walk knows the kind of people it brings down town, the open minded, usually vocal types! I propose we get some people down there to distribute fliers with some basic information on what is going on. We are reaching national media, but the message is still murky and hard to define, so let's be sure to have some information that people can grasp.

Proposed fliers would have

Website Addresses for this forum, the FB page for OWS & OJax, the twitter accounts of OWS & OJax
Some information pertaining to our goals, the abolishing of money and corruption from our government, economic equality, etc..
Some information pertaining to our strategy, to open a national discussion on these goals, through strictly non-violence and civil disobedience, etc..
And maybe some interesting facts and figures.

I believe it's important to let everyone know that those who think we're doing it wrong have just as much right to the open discussion, and are encouraged to step up and make their case. This is not a partisan party, we accept all voices into the the dialog as that is the truest form of democracy.

Exact time and place to meet will be up for discussion as people join. You may join by posting to this topic with your name, desired meeting place / time, and any resources you may bring.

Current List of Occupants to Join Event:

1.) Josh W. After 9PM / Anywhere (Designing some fliers to hand out now, will print out at least 100)
2.) John B. (With Josh W.)
3.) Jeff W. (With Josh W.)

VerbatimCat

Back to top Go down

Event - Art Walk 10/5 Empty Re: Event - Art Walk 10/5

Post by Evey Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:57 am

Sounds great! Feel free to design your own flyers, but know there are also some available in this section of the forum. Smile
Evey
Evey

Back to top Go down

Post by Trizzle Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:17 pm

I can't attend but a few of my friends will be there with flyers.

Trizzle
Admin

https://occupyjax.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OccupyProChoiceJax Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:16 pm

I may be able to attend. What are the hours for Art Walk? I live in Riverside so I can pop over quite easily and pass a few out and then come home not too late. I do have an appointment in Mandarin though at 6pm and it should last around an hour. I also don't know how many flyers I can afford to print on my printer at home.
OccupyProChoiceJax
OccupyProChoiceJax

http://ieatcatlitter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JLBell Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:08 am

I will be there late Wednesday with more flyers for handing out and posting. Someone keeps taking ours down in riverside/Avondale but we are still posting. Let me know when and where to meet up.

Thx,
Jennifer

JLBell

Back to top Go down

Post by Shank Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:08 am

i will have access to a microphone and can get others access to the microphone i do believe if you guys wanted to say anything about the event.like i said i will mention every time i have the microphone.

but anyone else that wants to make any announcement about the event you have a PA system and whoever is on e.adams st at the time ear's at your disposal.
Shank
Shank

http://knowtoomuch.info

Back to top Go down

Post by OccupyProChoiceJax Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:47 pm

Where on East Adams? Until what time?
OccupyProChoiceJax
OccupyProChoiceJax

http://ieatcatlitter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down