Occupy Jacksonville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finding a place to occupy

4 posters

Go down

Finding a place to occupy Empty Finding a place to occupy

Post by oneofmany Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:16 pm

Hey I found this website about Jacksonville. It has a map of Jacksonville where the red represents surface parking or vacant properties with no building on site. It may be a start in the search for a place to occupy. Just thought I'd share. http://www.metrojacksonville.com/article/2011-jul-surface-parking-lots-a-downtown-vibrancy-killer

Also, if anyone knows people downtown would could show support (e.g., an office that could hang a supportive sign out their window) you should post that information on the forums. I think I heard at least one person at the last assembly who said this was a possibility. We want to hear from you!

oneofmany

Back to top Go down

Finding a place to occupy Empty Re: Finding a place to occupy

Post by Dinahmoe Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:23 pm

If Alvin came out, is there a chance someone could ask him to give a variance to the group to occupy, so they won't be at odds with the cops and the homeless laws? He is the mayor, he must have the power to do this. They wave the drinking laws for football games don't they. When I was stagehanding, the city often gave "rent forgiveness" to church groups using the auditorium.
Dinahmoe
Dinahmoe

Back to top Go down

Post by friendofcash Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:10 am

Good points, Ray. There will be someone, among us, who will speak up.

friendofcash

Back to top Go down

Post by Evey Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:07 am

Kayla posted this website about Jacksonville on FB. It has a map of Jacksonville where the red represents surface parking or vacant properties with no building on site. It may be a start in the search for a place to occupy. Check it out!

http://www.metrojacksonville.com/article/2011-jul-surface-parking-lots-a-downtown-vibrancy-killer
Evey
Evey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down