Occupy Jacksonville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

T-Shirts

5 posters

Go down

T-Shirts Empty T-Shirts

Post by oneofmany Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:03 am

Hi everyone,

I have some friends who have a small T-shirt company and I've asked them for pricing information. They said they would do everything at cost so it would be about $4 for white T-shirts with whatever color ink (one color) and about $5 if we wanted color shirts. I like the idea of buying from a small business rather than a large corporation. If some other people have access to printing materials and can do it for cheaper let me know but I would be surprised. I know we're working with limited finances right now. Which brings me to my next question, how would we fund our materials? Do we want to take donations before hand? Do we want to charge for the shirts? This doesn't necessarily feel right though. Here's a solution, we can take orders for shirts from people and also make it easy to purchase extra shirts to hand out at the assembly. If everyone who can buy a shirt also buys a shirt for someone else, we would have a few to hand out and we could take orders for more at each assembly. I'm just putting it out there. The website is: http://bloodsweatandink.net/services.html

We need art ideas and message ideas.

oneofmany

Back to top Go down

T-Shirts Empty Re: T-Shirts

Post by friendofcash Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:26 am

Some of us don't have the cash to purchase shirts but we do have some great slogan ideas scattered throughout our local websites. How should we submit ideas that represent OWS issues? Since we need to preserve solidarity, the media team (I think that's the appropriate team) should review our statements. Censorship is definitely not anyone's intention, however, our messages should not reflect personal agendas but our Solidarity. We shouldn't align our organization with possible divisive agendas.
We are certainly not discourage anybodies slogans or signs, but if we sell them or give them away, we should mindful.

How do others feel? Please chime in. If I'm out of line or headed in the wrong direction, I need to know.

friendofcash

Back to top Go down

Post by friendofcash Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:28 am

There are flyers that have been approved by the group. You can find a reference to links to downloads. I think I remember seeing two on the forum. My printer is not working so I haven't been able to print any out yet.

friendofcash

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinahmoe Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:48 am

http://www.occupytogether.org/downloadable-posters/

I don't wear t-shirts anymore, kinda a size thing, anyway, I'd buy them. My thought would be ask for a donation, $10? "ah it's a profit deal..." T-Shirts 20s But seriously, money will be needed, might as well be like pbs except with something you might want. Don't know for sure, but don't think you have to ask for tax if you give it away, and ask for donations? Life's hard ain't it!

As far as design, I think the message should be succinct and have the web presence on it.
Dinahmoe
Dinahmoe

Back to top Go down

Post by friendofcash Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:15 am

We will need to work with the Finance Team to find out how to handle donations. Lots of people are trying to donate. I'm certain we will have some volunteers for the finance team shortly. That team will need a tax accounting volunteer.

I agree about the design being succinct and consistent with the design identify as ours. Some cities' Occupy t-shirts are on cafepress to give you an idea of their flavor.

Again, it's not our business to tell people what they can and cannot make and wear but we need to be aware of slogans that may be divisive on items coming from Occupy Jacksonville.

friendofcash

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinahmoe Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:39 am

I have this in the back window of my car, it really pisses people off. It simply is asking a question T-Shirts Aidontthingso
http://www.ray.bt76.com/gifs/cihgop.jpg
Dinahmoe
Dinahmoe

Back to top Go down

Post by CharleyNovember Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:38 pm

I was one of the people that said I had a screen printing setup at home. That price offered is super cheap. Shirts cost me 4.00 a pop locally but I would be happy to do it for free and you guys just bring me a shirt. Light color shirts I have some extra black ink so not a cost hit to me really. Just remember I do this as an artist not a big business so if you guys did a big order I'd suggest the actual business I'm not set up to do 100's of shirts at at time..lol I also did graphic design so I can help with design work and stuff I will bring some ideas with me Friday to Riverside park and we can get something going.

CharleyNovember

Back to top Go down

Post by lunarfaerie Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:00 pm

we are also working on many different other wearable art & sign ideas...some of which can utilize all types of tshirts...printed, solid, light dark, polos, crew neck, tank tops etc...

check out this thread to see what we're planning - would love to have your input! =)

~love & light~

amy

DIY your Occupy -- Crafting Circle @ Bee Gallery in the Landing...
lunarfaerie
lunarfaerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down