Occupy Jacksonville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I can't hear you!

+2
melittophily
smandi34
6 posters

Go down

I can't hear you! Empty I can't hear you!

Post by smandi34 Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:58 am

I do not mean to complain but I was at the back of the crowd on Saturday and it was really difficult to hear the chants. I know bullhorns are not allowed but I am sure there is some solution to it. I felt kind of ripped off lol
smandi34
smandi34

Back to top Go down

I can't hear you! Empty Re: I can't hear you!

Post by melittophily Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:24 am

smandi34, could you elaborate a little on the situation? were the people in front of you not taking part in the people's mic?

melittophily

Back to top Go down

Post by smandi34 Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:52 am

Yes they were but we were standing about a dozen people back. We could not hear the initial statements to repeat it. We got there at 12:30 and did the march too and the only chant I could fully understand was don't drink the Kool-Aid. It was a bummer. I tried to work my way in closer but it did not work. IDK I just wanted to stress the importance of being loud. It is great to include people but the people up front need to be louder. Maybe we could place people strategically to insure everyone can hear and participate. Thanks Very Happy
smandi34
smandi34

Back to top Go down

Post by ZachAddair Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:53 pm

I have seen in New York, the first few rows of people will turn around to face the people behind them. This makes the people's mic WAY more effective. We could give that a try as well.
ZachAddair
ZachAddair

http://waightstillavery.bandcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Post by smandi34 Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:40 pm

Yes maybe that would work better. Good suggestion:)
smandi34
smandi34

Back to top Go down

Post by VerbatimCat Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:35 pm

I was thinking along those lines too. Though I confess about half way through my smoker's lungs and the chest cold took it's toll and I had to rest a bit lol. But his time, I'll turn around to face the crowd.

VerbatimCat

Back to top Go down

Post by smandi34 Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:54 pm

I hear ya I smoke too. lol I could see that the other peoples voices were cracking a little. Maybe we could get a few more people to face the crowd too. I will get there earlier Saturday:)
smandi34
smandi34

Back to top Go down

Post by DaJollyRogers Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:04 pm

For the peoples' mic, they also had to repeat it twice in some instances.

I.E. The speaker says what he/she has to say, those near repeat it, and then those farther away repeat what those initially near said. This method seems very time consuming but effective.

If we can get away with just those near facing away from instead of toward the speaker, that sounds like the best option.
DaJollyRogers
DaJollyRogers

Back to top Go down

Post by friendofcash Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:59 am

I think people will become more used to cadenced speech and perform better. Tell the people with good mic skills to be in front. When their voice gets weary, step out and let someone else strain their voice.

We must have at least one row of repeaters facing the crowd! We had at least three extremely capable speakers. The best will arise. This movement is coming right along.

friendofcash

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down