Occupy Jacksonville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peace..

3 posters

Go down

Peace.. Empty Peace..

Post by Shank Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:35 pm

Im "Shank"..Shank Sinatra is my "artist" name..if you prefer you can call me Jayyar(J-R)..

im a full time student..my major is information security....minor in journalism.

im a member of the hip hop community in jacksonville, id rhyme,do poetry,production,audio engineering..i can also do graphic design, web design,video editing...there is not much i can't do with this digital technological stuff...

i have experience in protests ...when i lived in Los Angeles i was involved in World Can't Wait, Los Angeles vs the War, many other protests and benefits...
i was trying to share my experience on the wall because i have seen just how quickly a simple protest can turn brutal...it only takes one person to spark an ugly chain reaction.. ive marched with groups of thousands ..and with groups of 10 or 20...
but my experiences and the things i have seen make me take this very seriously... but i am equipped with knowledge and wisdom gained through experience that could benefit us all..

I really believe in this movement... and am down to contribute any of knowledge skill/sets to help this movement...
all you have to do is ask and i will help with whatever i can... im not gonna force the issue..but i can be of great help in many ways if you guys will just let me..

yes i ramble and im long winded...that is the journalist in me... which reminds me i also have written for websites for nationally distributed magazines,several blog and websites including my own, and i have had my works published in national distributed magazines..

and most the things i have written about over my career have all had to do with politics and the injustices of this corrupt system.

you're all welcome to check out my blog and see some of things i write about... http://shanksinatra.tumblr.com working on getting it transferred to a dot com this month.you may find some of the stuff on there "spaced out" and out there in general..but if you look hard enough you will see i have been covering tihs movement and the events that led up to it since the birth of Anonymous. i am them. they are me. we are everybody. we are nobody. we are legion. and all that stuff.

so yea..i am Shank..this is my "sk1ll" set...and it is at your disposal...ANYTHING you guys need me for just let me know on this board..or via email.

jayyyar@gmail.com my work email is jredding@rimemagazine.com....used the first one preferably.

lastly as i mentioned on the board me and some of my friends who will be attending occupy...will be @ 108 e. adams st. wed for artwalk..

we have a microphone,turntables, and PA system all setup on the corner of the street...i will mention the event everytime the microphone is in my hands.

IF ANYONE ELSE WOULD LIKE TO COME OUT AND SPEAK ABOUT THE EVENT TO THE MASSES I WILL MAKE SURE YOU ARE GIVEN AN OPPORTUNITY TO USE THE MIC AND OUR SOUND SYSTEM TO ASK FOR HELP, MAKE ANY ANNOUNCEMENTS ETC.

like i said...ill do whatever i can... i am at your disposal... just let me know what you n eed.

Peace be upon you all.

Shank
Shank

http://knowtoomuch.info

Back to top Go down

Peace.. Empty Re: Peace..

Post by Shank Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:39 pm

it would also be nice to meet some of you before the gathering so if you can come out wed. like i said.. i will give you a chance to speak your mind and talk about anything you want pertaining to the event.

also my avatar is an example of some of my artwork. =]
Shank
Shank

Back to top Go down

Post by j-villain Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:58 pm

Shank, i'm JCT on the streets. Prob ain't seen me much as i get around and go for quality, not quantity. Wink You are a great asset to the movement. Where were you when i quit my job!? Can't wait to meet y'all, hopefully i remember; wednesday, vodanesdag, mercoledi, mittwoch!
j-villain
j-villain

Back to top Go down

Post by VerbatimCat Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:53 pm

I'll be there friend. Bringing 100 of the 4 piece fliers posted in the media group. That's a scant 400 for those good with math Wink

Not sure if I'll say much, but if I get worked up enough...

I'll at minimum swing by and drop off a few fliers and introduce myself and those with me.

Josh

VerbatimCat

Back to top Go down

Post by Shank Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:54 pm

jvillian thanks brother. as are you.
Shank
Shank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shank Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:42 pm

VerbatimCat wrote:I'll be there friend. Bringing 100 of the 4 piece fliers posted in the media group. That's a scant 400 for those good with math Wink

Not sure if I'll say much, but if I get worked up enough...

I'll at minimum swing by and drop off a few fliers and introduce myself and those with me.

Josh

Yes . Please bring me flyers.. i will get down there sometime around 5 or 6 ..but i will be at 108 e. adams st. all night.

i can also get the flyers put in the windows of icon boutique and burro bar which are right there, because im friends witht the owners.

so please come by and give me some flyers... im not hard to miss... i have a crazy looking haircut...

Shank
Shank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down