Occupy Jacksonville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tactics to Marginalize OWS & OccupyJAX- Don't be fooled

5 posters

Go down

Tactics to Marginalize OWS & OccupyJAX- Don't be fooled Empty Tactics to Marginalize OWS & OccupyJAX- Don't be fooled

Post by guyfalks Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:49 pm

I just put up a blog post on tactics that will likely be used to attempt to marginalize the #OccupyWallStreet movement. We're already seeing signs of what I'm talking about in mainstream media, and we shouldn't be surprised if they are used locally in Jacksonville. As a group we need to be mindful of them, and be prepared to respond if and/or when they are utilized. The People Are The Power -Guy

http://bit.ly/obIMrn

guyfalks

Back to top Go down

Tactics to Marginalize OWS & OccupyJAX- Don't be fooled Empty Re: Tactics to Marginalize OWS & OccupyJAX- Don't be fooled

Post by TheMightyLunchbox Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:26 pm

I'm not too worried about it. The more they talk about it, the more evident it becomes they have no clue. People are turning off their tv's and radios and going online. Perhaps the mainstream media is on its last leg.

TheMightyLunchbox

Back to top Go down

Tactics to Marginalize OWS & OccupyJAX- Don't be fooled Empty Re: Tactics to Marginalize OWS & OccupyJAX- Don't be fooled

Post by polyb1123 Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:23 pm

You may want to reconsider that lunchbox. The people that are working to co-opt and/or discredit OWS PLAY DIRTY! Even though we are witnessing some spectacular failures on their part, a lot of it laughable, they will not stop and will become more desperate as time progresses. Here is one example of the dirty tricks:

American Spectator Editor Admits to Being Agent Provocateur at D.C. Museum

It is now self evident that 'The American Spectator' as nothing more than a tax payer funded propaganda rag. The fact that one of it's editors was arrogant enough to blog his actions tells all. These people should be prosecuted for their treachery, IMHO.

Here is another article from a tea partier to give you an idea of how they will try to co-opt the movement and hijack it:

How COINTELPRO really works and destroys social movements: Open letter from former Tea Partier to Occupy Wall Street protesters

Remember we are a genuine threat to their racket. Sooner or later they will be forced to show their hand and that is when the potential for this getting ugly will exist. The people we are talking about are criminals and will stop at nothing to retain power.

polyb1123

Back to top Go down

Post by ZachAddair Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:47 pm

Very well said.

I also am not worried. If we are own the right, I also know this movement cannot fail. It just has to keep peace as the center of everything they do.
ZachAddair
ZachAddair

http://waightstillavery.bandcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Post by polyb1123 Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:19 pm

ZachAddair wrote:Very well said.

I also am not worried. If we are own the right, I also know this movement cannot fail. It just has to keep peace as the center of everything they do.

It'll pay to not underestimate the enemy. Remember we are talking about people that have no problem murdering en mass, stealing en mass, and all sorts of horrible things that most would find reprehensible. Consider the fact that they had the people of this country debating the 'merits' of torture! They will have you believe absurdities and then have you commit atrocities.

Consider this interesting piece coming out about the occupy Atlanta demonstration over the weekend:

Zombie Training? OWS Atlanta Turns Into Collective Hypnosis ‘One Voice’ Weirdness

Here's the video that is discussed:

http://naturalnews.tv/v.asp?v=8B371A69A44EC94AF36F00002647DBBC

Personally I don't know what to really make of it but then again I will not put anything past the money junkies. They are resourceful and clever.

polyb1123

Back to top Go down

Post by ZachAddair Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:34 pm

That video is silly. It's just some people who didn't understand what they were voting on.

What is the zombie part? I don't get it.
ZachAddair
ZachAddair

Back to top Go down

Post by ZachAddair Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:38 pm

Wow, I just read the article.

This guy is nuts...
ZachAddair
ZachAddair

Back to top Go down

Post by polyb1123 Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:04 am

ZachAddair wrote:Wow, I just read the article.

This guy is nuts...

So what do you actually disagree with in his article? Please refrain from the ad hominem, I get enough of that from televised news, not to mention it is used as a corralling technique. Since most people no longer have much familiarity with formal argumentation they are blind to how effective ad hominem is to shaping their opinions. In conjunction with that they also do not develop the critical thinking skills that are necessary to avoid being manipulated.

I prefer critcism of the work, not assault of character.

Personally if I been there I would have puked. What the hell is wrong with that crowd? The fact that most there droned on regurgitating everything the speaker was saying was a bit disturbing, wouldn't you agree? That is why author called them zombies. Obviously the behavior was not to his liking nor was it to mine either. Personally I wouldn't have participated in that crowd plus I would have kept a jaundice eye on them. That kind of simple minded droning is ripe for exploiting.

Perhaps if people insist on behaving like sheep them perhaps they deserve to be led to a slaughterhouse. Personally I am against all that but then again I cannot be responsible for other people, that is not really my place nor right.

As for the article, well I did find some good points in it not to mention he is entitled to his opinion. That's how this stuff works. Be careful, there might even be a nugget or two of truth in that article.

polyb1123

Back to top Go down

Post by ZachAddair Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:39 pm

I think you miss-understand entirely everything in that video then. I'll take it a few steps at a time so as not to be confusing:

1. The people are not "zombies" nor are they "regurgitating everything they are saying".

2. The police in most cities are not allowing any kind of amplified voices. So microphones and megaphones are not allowed. This means, that being a creative people, and using old school forms of amplifying voices have emerged. What you are seeing is people echoing what the speaker just said around him, so that the larger group can hear what the speaker is saying.

If you are still confused about this, please message me.

3. The confusion and discussion shown in the video are as follows:

a. The Occupy group in that area was bringing in someone who works in the local government because he wanted to speak.

b. The person leading the group explained who was speaking and if they were all okay with him speaking.

c. Most people raise their hands to show they agree with this course of action, but one person preforms what is known as a "block". You hold up your hands in the shape of an X so that the group knows you don't agree with what is happening. It's just a way of keeping everyone's voice heard.

d. Because of this block, the group voted again to see if they still wanted to continue. Most people there did not realize this is what they were voting on, so they said "Yes" by raising their hands, thinking this would allow the speaker to speak.

e. The confusion in the after math, was the person leading that night saw the hands go up in support of the "block" and decided not to let the speaker speak at the time.

f. The group was confused and then people stand up to explain that they don't want a "famous" or political figure to come in and take over, so they simply remind everyone that the person who is about to speak may have good ideas and be able to help the group, but he will not take over or be any more important than anyone else in the group.

That is basically where the video peters out. If you still don't understand how a General Assembly is run, I suggest you Google the process or send me a direct message.
ZachAddair
ZachAddair

Back to top Go down

Post by ZachAddair Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:45 pm

I'm also fairly certain you are the writer of that blog and are trying to get attention.
ZachAddair
ZachAddair

Back to top Go down

Post by polyb1123 Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:27 pm

ZachAddair wrote:I'm also fairly certain you are the writer of that blog and are trying to get attention.

Wrong! Rolling Eyes

I see your point but the fact they shooed Lewis has some issues going with it.

Seems to me a that a lot of people have forgotten that the first amendment basically covers peacefully assembling and allowing people to speak. This nonsense regarding local statutes really doesn't apply, as I'm sure you well know.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

The question seems to be are people able to exercise their right as laid out by the first amendment?

polyb1123

Back to top Go down

Post by ZachAddair Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:32 pm

You're right, he could have started speaking if they didn't want him to, it just would have been rude sense he was following their process. :-p
ZachAddair
ZachAddair

Back to top Go down

Post by polyb1123 Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:43 pm

You missed my point.

The right to peacefully assemble and allow people to speak, which also includes over a speaker if it is called for, is being infringed upon.

polyb1123

Back to top Go down

Post by ZachAddair Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:48 pm

Of course it is. Are you worried? Anything done to take away rights or speech is spread instantly on the internet. This movement is happening OUT IN THE OPEN like nothing has ever been out in the open before.

Trying to stop it violently will only cause it to get more attention and to grow more...
ZachAddair
ZachAddair

Back to top Go down

Post by polyb1123 Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:17 pm

ZachAddair wrote:Of course it is. Are you worried? Anything done to take away rights or speech is spread instantly on the internet. This movement is happening OUT IN THE OPEN like nothing has ever been out in the open before.

Trying to stop it violently will only cause it to get more attention and to grow more...

Exactly! But how far are they going to go?

My main concern is what is going to happen when murder is committed by TPTB. I'm not really sure people are going to take it lying down. Not really sure on how many resources TPTB will be able to marshal if they show their hand. I cannot overstate how dangerous that beast is. Let us just hope that any bloodshed can be minimized if it indeed happens.

polyb1123

Back to top Go down

Post by ZachAddair Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:47 pm

TPTB? What is that? And our movement will always be peaceful. Always.
ZachAddair
ZachAddair

Back to top Go down

Post by polyb1123 Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:51 am

The Powers That Be. scratch (more like The Powers That Wanna Be, TPTW)

And the people that are being protested against are not, unless you know something I don't know. Therein lies the concern.

polyb1123

Back to top Go down

Post by ZachAddair Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:28 pm

Well, I'm not afraid of being hurt or killed for this cause. Not even a little.
ZachAddair
ZachAddair

Back to top Go down

Post by friendofcash Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:08 am

Zach, I admire your spirit. I, too, am not afraid. Peace ...

friendofcash

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down