Occupy Jacksonville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Distributing food and drink.

5 posters

Go down

Distributing food and drink. Empty Distributing food and drink.

Post by ziggy Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:10 pm

Is anyone aware of authority forbidding people from distributing food or water to each other at the park? I'd like to hand out water so people don't get thirsty, but I'd prefer not to be arrested.

ziggy

Back to top Go down

Distributing food and drink. Empty Re: Distributing food and drink.

Post by GeoffH Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:56 pm

As individuals you can not hand out water to the group. Especially not to the homeless that frequent Hemming Plaza. That is grounds for arrest by the Police.

GeoffH

Back to top Go down

Post by 7eleven Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:20 pm

you know how cheap a peddlers license is right ? less then 150 , gather donations and sell water for 1 penny each ! could also allow you to sell sealed chips for 1 penny as well !

7eleven

Back to top Go down

Post by lotus86flower Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:43 pm

i second that 7eleven!
lotus86flower
lotus86flower

Back to top Go down

Post by 7eleven Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:50 pm

ok well tomorrow i will be organizing donations for a peddlers license ! I think it is a GREAT idea and will side step their stupid rule ! and even if people dont have a penny ill have a pocketful to hand out !

7eleven

Back to top Go down

Post by lotus86flower Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:55 pm

I will donate towards that!
lotus86flower
lotus86flower

Back to top Go down

Post by occupysupporter Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:54 pm

It looks like you will not be able to setup at the Plaza but you may be able to setup along the march path.

"At this time, DVI does not allow food vendors in the Hemming Plaza artist area. If you would like additional information on becoming a sidewalk vendor, you must complete the city’s permitting requirements. DVI does not offer permits for food vendors."

http://downtownjacksonville.org/Marketing/First_Wednesday_Artwalk/First_Wednesday_Artwalk_BeArtWalk/Artwalk_Food_Vendors.aspx

Here is some information the street vendor license:
http://www.coj.net/Departments/Jacksonville-Economic-Development-Commission/Docs/Downtown-Development/downtown-sidewalk-vending-permit.aspx

Unless you can meet this requirement:

"I have read the Downtown Sidewalk Vending Rules and Regulations, and understand all of the requirements to operate as a Downtown Sidewalk Vendor. I understand that there is a fee associated with this permit; I also understand that I am required to have a current Occupation License, and obtain a Certification from the State Division of Public Health, and have General Liability Insurance in the amount of $200,000 with the City of Jacksonville/Jacksonville Economic Development Commission (JEDC) as additional names insured."

I would recommend encouraging people to bring their own bottled water.

occupysupporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down