Occupy Jacksonville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello from Geno

3 posters

Go down

Hello from Geno Empty Hello from Geno

Post by Geno Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:04 pm

Hiya Very Happy

My name is Geno and I've been waiting for this movement for a LONG time.

I've been watching the protests in Europe, especially Rome and Spain evolve and have been eagerly anticipating something similar coming to our home soil.

I consider myself a jack of all trades, a master of none. I don't have much experience organizing events like this but I have a sincere desire to learn.

I strongly believe in "The Power to the People" and will do whatever I can to see that become a reality. The wealthy have exploited and taken advantage of us for far too long. It's time to think about viable, common sense solutions that can bring about a better tomorrow for every living being on Earth.

I realize that this is a leaderless movement and that the demands of the people will vary greatly. My personal beliefs are that the monetary system should be abolished and replaced with a Resource Based Economy such as what The Venus Project is working toward.

I realize that it will take quite some time and a LOT of education in order to reach that goal so in the meantime we need to focus on sustainability and community building.

Jacksonville is already trying some more sustainable techniques for doing business such as using bio-fuels instead of petrol for many of the school buses. We need to embrace this trend because if humanity as a whole doesn't become more sustainable, there will be nothing left for future generations.

Money has no REAL value. It only contains whatever imaginary value that we give it. We need to focus on things that provide us with REAL value. Wholesome organic food and people are the things that provide the most value in today's world.

There are many techniques that we can employ that will allow everyone, everywhere to have an abundance of food. There are building practices that can drastically reduce energy consumption and allow people to use a fraction of the resources we use today.

The real battle here is awareness and education. We need to let people know that there are better alternatives to the way we do things today. If we can provide enough beneficial information to enough people we can see a monumental shift in consciousness and bring about some real change for all of humanity.

We are living in very exciting times right now, where We The People can have our voice back. Let's make the most of it, not only for us, but most importantly, for future generations. They are counting on us.

I'm sure I could write a lot more but I don't want to ramble too much. Thank you for taking the time to read this and I look forward to meeting everyone and participating as much as possible.

Much Love,

Geno

Geno

Back to top Go down

Hello from Geno Empty Re: Hello from Geno

Post by Trizzle Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:34 pm

I totally agree with getting rid of the monetary system. but most people cant accept this, let alone a resource based economy. Too radical for most people. I think it is best saved for down the road. A long term goal perhaps?

Anyways, nice to meet ya!

Trizzle
Admin

https://occupyjax.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lotus86flower Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:21 pm

Hi Geno! Can't wait to meet you in person at the protest tomorrow!

Katie
lotus86flower
lotus86flower

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum