Security - everyone read

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Security - everyone read

Post by Trizzle on Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:08 pm

NO ONE should be posting emails or phone numbers here. i have seen bots by google and bing on this page. be careful.


Last edited by Trizzle on Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Trizzle
Admin

Posts : 69
Join date : 2011-10-02
Age : 31
Location : Jachsonville Florida Southside area

http://occupyjax.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Security - everyone read

Post by peece maker on Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:02 pm

I have a question. I have posted a few things on the wall and they seem to disappear. Is it only for admins to post on, is it because I dont know how to tag. Or is it because I am new to facebook and dont know what I'm doing?

Can you help clarify this for me?

Didnt know where else to ask.

peece maker

Posts : 4
Join date : 2011-10-08

Back to top Go down

This forum IS a little hard to work when you get here, but give them time to work out all the bugs and we will pevail.

Post by djknipp on Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:06 pm

peece maker wrote:I have a question. I have posted a few things on the wall and they seem to disappear. Is it only for admins to post on, is it because I dont know how to tag. Or is it because I am new to facebook and dont know what I'm doing?

Can you help clarify this for me?

Didnt know where else to ask.

djknipp

Posts : 5
Join date : 2011-10-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Security - everyone read

Post by djknipp on Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:12 pm

We need to make this on the home page !!!

djknipp

Posts : 5
Join date : 2011-10-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Security - everyone read

Post by peece maker on Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:05 pm

Thank You for replying, but it is the facebook wall that I have a question on not the forum. Wink

peece maker

Posts : 4
Join date : 2011-10-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Security - everyone read

Post by OccupyProChoiceJax on Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:19 pm

Facebook has been having some weird bugs lately and has been deleting, duplicating, and doing weird things. I'm not sure why it does what it does but I can only say post it again and see if it deletes it again. If it does, report it to Facebook.
avatar
OccupyProChoiceJax

Posts : 122
Join date : 2011-10-04
Age : 33
Location : Jacksonville

http://ieatcatlitter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Security - everyone read

Post by Geno on Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:56 pm

For those thinking that your posts are being deleted, make sure to look in the top right hand side of the Occupy Jacksonville page where it says:

Occupy Jacksonville · Everyone (Most Recent)

Click on Everyone (Most Recent) to view the public posts.

When you first arrive at the page, it only shows the posts from Occupy Jacksonville.

Geno

Posts : 114
Join date : 2011-10-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Security - everyone read

Post by OccupyProChoiceJax on Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:40 pm

Geno wrote:For those thinking that your posts are being deleted, make sure to look in the top right hand side of the Occupy Jacksonville page where it says:

Occupy Jacksonville · Everyone (Most Recent)

Click on Everyone (Most Recent) to view the public posts.

When you first arrive at the page, it only shows the posts from Occupy Jacksonville.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yes, this.
I looked to see if there was a way to make it so the page landed on EVERYONE on default but there isn't. So, you must click on EVERYONE when you visit the page to see all of the posts.
avatar
OccupyProChoiceJax

Posts : 122
Join date : 2011-10-04
Age : 33
Location : Jacksonville

http://ieatcatlitter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Security - everyone read

Post by Shank on Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:40 am

i agree with original post. though there are ways around things. such as..

not mentioning the fact of what it is and for example. six2seven9nineeight9.

see what im getting at. you guys are smart. there are ways to hide things in plain sight.
avatar
Shank

Posts : 47
Join date : 2011-10-03
Location : outter space

http://knowtoomuch.info

Back to top Go down

Re: Security - everyone read

Post by Shank on Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:44 am

also a lot of people have android aka google phones. which could have something to do with those bots.
avatar
Shank

Posts : 47
Join date : 2011-10-03
Location : outter space

http://knowtoomuch.info

Back to top Go down

Re: Security - everyone read

Post by lotus86flower on Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:50 am

Strangest thing that facebook has done to me: I open to invite others window before the first Occupy Jax and I sorted through 0ver 800 ppl to find all of my friends who would be most likely to go. But when I clicked ok, another window popped up saying, "you should choose people who are more likely to be interested in this event" and then closed without having invited anyone. So I spent at least 5 minutes inviting ppl for nothing...ugh
avatar
lotus86flower

Posts : 60
Join date : 2011-10-07
Age : 30
Location : Jacksonville, Florida

Back to top Go down

Re: Security - everyone read

Post by OccupyProChoiceJax on Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:25 am

lotus86flower wrote:Strangest thing that facebook has done to me: I open to invite others window before the first Occupy Jax and I sorted through 0ver 800 ppl to find all of my friends who would be most likely to go. But when I clicked ok, another window popped up saying, "you should choose people who are more likely to be interested in this event" and then closed without having invited anyone. So I spent at least 5 minutes inviting ppl for nothing...ugh

You're not the only one who has mentioned this but unfortunately, since I've never had this happen and I only have 60 friends, I don't know how to help. I can only recommend contacting Facebook directly.
avatar
OccupyProChoiceJax

Posts : 122
Join date : 2011-10-04
Age : 33
Location : Jacksonville

http://ieatcatlitter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Security - everyone read

Post by Dinahmoe on Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:28 pm

The bots and search engines that visit are not a problem, but, when the site gets indexed, you will be flooded with spam, it is a huge problem. But it will take a while before it gets there.

I had to set my captcha to unreadable and only one try to register and people still get in. I have the boards set to admin approval only to get in to keep junk off the forums. It's pretty easy to see spammers from the IP's and email used.
avatar
Dinahmoe

Posts : 91
Join date : 2011-10-15
Location : Jacksonhell Fl

Back to top Go down

Grow up!

Post by KaptainAmerika on Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:22 am


Rush Limbaugh said something a few days ago I thought was pretty funny; he referred to the "Occupy Wall Street" group and said "Thirty years ago, 25 years ago . . . the children, we must do it all for the children. Okay. Well, the little schlubs have grown up and they're down on Wall Street... There are they are."

And he's right, for decades we've been raising generations with increasing isolation from disappointment, discomfort, and failure. Kids graduate from 2nd grade, they get awards for coming in second in a softball game. We pass kids who can't spell because we don't want to hurt their feelings.

And now they're grown up and upset that reality doesn't match that bubble wrap world they were raised in. You have to pay your bills. You don't get things for free. You fail, you make mistakes, you get things wrong and have consequences to your actions. Their reaction isn't to grow up, its to demand people keep protecting them from reality.

Going into debt for a college education isn't new, losing your job isn't new, having to scrape to make ends meet isn't new, what's new is the whiny childish cries that everyone needs to fix things so they have it easy and don't have to strive to achieve goals, like back when they were kids.

You know what everyone before you spoiled, whiny brats did when things got hard? Rolled up their sleeves and worked until the problems were solved. They didn't cry to big government to fix everything, they didn't demand everyone else pay their big bills, they acted like adults and handled the situation themselves.

Grow up!

KaptainAmerika

Posts : 1
Join date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Security - everyone read

Post by ironhorzmn on Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:22 am

Well, if I had a great big student loan I didn't want to pay either, I suppose I'd get together with a bunch of my fellow serfs to the socialist state and yell until Congress paid us off with debt forgiveness to make us all go away.

It seems to be the way things get done nowadays in America. Unions, illegals and now WASP slackers have mastered the arts of civil unrest, agitation, organized intimidation and even sedition.

ironhorzmn

Posts : 26
Join date : 2011-10-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Security - everyone read

Post by OccupyProChoiceJax on Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:53 am

KaptainAmerika wrote:
Rush Limbaugh said something a few days ago I thought was pretty funny; he referred to the "Occupy Wall Street" group and said "Thirty years ago, 25 years ago . . . the children, we must do it all for the children. Okay. Well, the little schlubs have grown up and they're down on Wall Street... There are they are."

And he's right, for decades we've been raising generations with increasing isolation from disappointment, discomfort, and failure. Kids graduate from 2nd grade, they get awards for coming in second in a softball game. We pass kids who can't spell because we don't want to hurt their feelings.

And now they're grown up and upset that reality doesn't match that bubble wrap world they were raised in. You have to pay your bills. You don't get things for free. You fail, you make mistakes, you get things wrong and have consequences to your actions. Their reaction isn't to grow up, its to demand people keep protecting them from reality.

Going into debt for a college education isn't new, losing your job isn't new, having to scrape to make ends meet isn't new, what's new is the whiny childish cries that everyone needs to fix things so they have it easy and don't have to strive to achieve goals, like back when they were kids.

You know what everyone before you spoiled, whiny brats did when things got hard? Rolled up their sleeves and worked until the problems were solved. They didn't cry to big government to fix everything, they didn't demand everyone else pay their big bills, they acted like adults and handled the situation themselves.

Grow up!

Justus, nice to see you troll the forums too. You must have a lot of time on your hands. What do you do you contribute to society, besides regurgitate Rush Limbaugh drivel?
avatar
OccupyProChoiceJax

Posts : 122
Join date : 2011-10-04
Age : 33
Location : Jacksonville

http://ieatcatlitter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Security - everyone read

Post by ironhorzmn on Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:14 am

Debate is not trolling.

Just because you're uncomfortable with differing points of view posted in a reasonable and respectable manner doesn't give you the right to disparage the author(s) of said posts.

How much 'time' does the OWS crowd seem to have on their hands?

And BTW who's paying for it all? I'm a retired and disabled vet and I couldn't pull together the cash to travel 1000 miles and camp and eat for 5-6 weeks, even if I was trespassing and didn't have to pay for lodging. Soros has got to be cutting someone some checks under the table.

ironhorzmn

Posts : 26
Join date : 2011-10-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Security - everyone read

Post by skchange on Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:27 pm

"You know what everyone before you spoiled, whiny brats"
And then you say.. "Just because you're uncomfortable with differing points of view posted in a reasonable and respectable manner"
hmm.. reasonable and respectable???

You listen, and obviously give creed to what Rush Limbaugh says.. That takes reasonable and respectable off the table all by it's self.


Last edited by skchange on Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
skchange

Posts : 25
Join date : 2011-10-03
Location : Jacsonville/South Side

Back to top Go down

Re: Security - everyone read

Post by etu1972 on Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:11 pm

If folks are obviously against the movement, have nothing positive to offer, and detract from positive discussion, why are they here?

etu1972

Posts : 14
Join date : 2011-10-07

http://etusetal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Security - everyone read

Post by Dinahmoe on Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:36 pm

skchange wrote:what Rush Limbaugh says.. That takes reasonable and respectable off the table all by it's self.

Oh yea! SLAM! There is no reasoning with trolls, ask any therapist how hard it to fix someone that is that buggered up. They have no place here.

etu1972 wrote:If folks are obviously against the movement, have nothing positive to offer, and detract from positive discussion, why are they here?

Because we need ban hammer moderation on this board as I predicted last week.
avatar
Dinahmoe

Posts : 91
Join date : 2011-10-15
Location : Jacksonhell Fl

Back to top Go down

Re: Security - everyone read

Post by OccupyProChoiceJax on Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:53 pm

Captain America is a troll who has been on our Facebook for the last week. We know who he is and he is nothing but a troll with a lot of time on his hands. Ignore him and he'll wither away into the background.
avatar
OccupyProChoiceJax

Posts : 122
Join date : 2011-10-04
Age : 33
Location : Jacksonville

http://ieatcatlitter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Security - everyone read

Post by ironhorzmn on Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:16 am

etu1972 wrote:If folks are obviously against the movement, have nothing positive to offer, and detract from positive discussion, why are they here?

Good point. They disagree with ME and say things I don't like and they're not NICE to ME so why don't we shut them up and throw them off the forum. (Did I get it right, etu?)

"This forum is for public discussion and storing info related to the protests and occupation in Jacksonville Florida. Feel free to discuss anything related to the corporate take over of America."

I guess that only means when someone strokes your egos and agrees uncritically with everything you say, right?

I fully expect you to ban me soon and NOT because I'm 'trolling'. It's because YOU are attacking and disparaging me AND Captain America by ignoring our message and impugning our motives.

ironhorzmn

Posts : 26
Join date : 2011-10-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Security - everyone read

Post by skchange on Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:31 am

Was there a message? He quoted a Rush L opinion. Then called us whining brats. Is that the message. DOESN'T seem very constructive in one way or another. I have no problem With different opinions or any constructive conversation. But name calling has no place anywhere.
avatar
skchange

Posts : 25
Join date : 2011-10-03
Location : Jacsonville/South Side

Back to top Go down

Re: Security - everyone read

Post by Dinahmoe on Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:16 pm

ironhorzmn wrote:They disagree with ME and say things I don't like and they're not NICE to ME so why don't we shut them up and throw them off the forum

Absolutely, because it does nothing to move the discussion forward. I'm all for fuck you get out! There are plenty of places for assholes on the internet, this group is not one of them!
avatar
Dinahmoe

Posts : 91
Join date : 2011-10-15
Location : Jacksonhell Fl

Back to top Go down

Re: Security - everyone read

Post by ironhorzmn on Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:11 pm

What YOU think is irrelevant. The heading of this forum says 'feel free to discuss anything related to the corporate takeover of America'.

The fact that at least two of you not only call for silencing opposition, but smear it with profanity and personal attacks, and the so-called adults on the forum don't call them out, makes this 'feel free' thing a sick, hypocritical joke.

You're the people who, if you ever got REAL power in this country, wouldn't hesitate to take out your hatred of conservatives in the worst ways.

Dinahmoe: Would you call me an asshole to my face? Because I guarantee you that you'll get the opportunity.

ironhorzmn

Posts : 26
Join date : 2011-10-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Security - everyone read

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum