Occupy Jacksonville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Testimonials section

3 posters

Go down

Testimonials section Empty Testimonials section

Post by Corporation Cruncher Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:03 pm

My suggestion is that a stories of the occupiers section be added to the forum and/or website. If this seems like a bad idea, or like it would just make the forum/site congested, I wouldn't have a problem with keeping track of and recording the stories of people who want to share.

My purpose behind this is the idea that stories can galvanize actions. Just about everyone in the US probably has or knows someone who has been foreclosed upon, has been forced to go into debt, has lost their job due to "budget cuts", is pissed about the bailouts. I believe that these situations, although unfortunate, don't have to stay unfortunate. Many of the people from Occupy Wall Street who I've watched have heart-wrenching stories that got me good and pissed. These stories affirmed by devotion to this cause.

If anyone agrees that this is a good idea, please support it with your "amen". If this is already in place somewhere, sorry for the redundancy.

Thank you.

Corporation Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Testimonials section Empty Re: Testimonials section

Post by brit0310 Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:05 pm

That's a very good idea and could be carried further to raise money for OccupyJax. The stories could be put into an eBook and sold on the web to raise money. The stories could start in a folder and when enough are available put them into the eBook.

brit0310

Back to top Go down

Post by Geno Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:57 pm

I think this is a great idea too.

I'll work it into the new community site I'm developing.

Geno

Back to top Go down

Post by brit0310 Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:13 am

Cruncher,
Not sure how much free time you have. Do you have an interest in doing this on a national and partly international forum? The forum I'm talking about is very new and very exciting. We are currently voting for approval to register as a 501c3 and begin fundraising. This is the 99% Declaration forum.

The history of forum is interesting and truly historical.

Last October, 5 college students arrested on the Brooklyn Bridge, answered their lawyer's question, "What do you want out of this movement?. We want The 99% Declaration. The lawyer futilely championed the Declaration at the New York City General Assembly (OWS NYCGA) but higher priorities of food and park survival occupied the Occupiers. Seeking an audience in a Yahoo group, the lawyer put The 99% Declaration online. Enthusiastic response exploded into thousands of emails per day and one astute and technically savvy reader created the 99% Declaration forum for robust peer review.

Currently, we are independent of Occupy Wall Street (OWS) and NYCGA. The forum of draft reviewers has grown considerably including people from US, Canada, Norway, France, Singapore, Germany and many other disparate locales. All are welcome and all are encouraged to help shape who we are and move us forward.

You don't need to worry too much about the details of creating an ebook. Our tech team will figure that out if needed.

brit0310

Back to top Go down

Post by Geno Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:15 am

What's the forum address? There is going to be some stuff about the 99% declaration at Saturday's GA. This information should definitely be presented as well.

Geno

Back to top Go down

Post by brit0310 Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:09 am

Geno,
Please add me to the slate to discuss the 99% Declaration? I am currently on the Steering Committee for the forum and am tasked to reach out to local GAs and establish liason. The link to forum is 99% Declaration Forum.

The reaching out will be done by many people nation-wide.

Cruncher and Geno,
Don't misinterpret me to think I don't want Cruncher's number one priority to be Occupy Jax. Implementing the idea elsewhere, although important, would be a lower priority.

EDIT: Added cruncher&geno comment

brit0310

Back to top Go down

Post by Geno Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:15 am

I believe Evey is the person to talk to about getting onto the stack.

This is definitely an important topic so it's vital to have someone who know's what's going on talk about it.

Geno

Back to top Go down

Post by brit0310 Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:23 am

Geno,
I'll send Evey a PM with request.
Thanks

brit0310

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content