Occupy Jacksonville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello All

3 posters

Go down

Hello All Empty Hello All

Post by VerbatimCat Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:39 pm

Good afternoon all,

I am Joshua Williams.

Currently I hold 2 college degrees (An A.A. and an A.A.S. in Computer Programming Design and Analysis)

I hold a good amount of student loans that I can't pay on my own, and lean upon my family who have paid for a good part of my education for help.

I hold a 7 day a week job delivering Chinese (in the mandarin area which creates a weird internal struggle of resenting those in mansions by the river, but loving their tips when/if they provide them).

I've been graduated for almost two months, striving to find a place of employment that would apply my education and passion for programming. However due to the market and outsourcing, all potential jobs are being contracted out at miniscule amounts of pay with no benefits, or quote salaries that are little better than my current position delivering food.

I am admittedly rather left in terms of political thinking, but still very unsatisfied with our current leaders and will be among the first to cite some of Obama's wrong doings and empty promises.

I personally feel that the system is corrupt, that this country has fallen far from a true democracy, and that getting lobbyists out and reforming our voting procedures would be a great start. Specific changes I would like to see? Abolish the electoral college and replace it with a truly democratic voting system. Ban lobbyists from providing bribery in terms of monetary and material gifts as well as "revolving door" political tricks.

Rabble rabble rabble

VerbatimCat

Back to top Go down

Hello All Empty Re: Hello All

Post by j-villain Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:21 pm

Feel ya pain. working for the rich gives you inside access to the exact level of inequality. Great to have ya. This is the greatest cause for humanity to invest themselves.
j-villain
j-villain

Back to top Go down

Post by lotus86flower Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:09 pm

Good to meet ya Josh! See ya tomorrow at the protest! Very Happy

Katie
lotus86flower
lotus86flower

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content