Occupy Jacksonville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meditation Team Event Idea for 11-11-11

5 posters

Go down

Meditation Team Event Idea for 11-11-11 Empty Meditation Team Event Idea for 11-11-11

Post by evolutiongal Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:18 pm

Here’s an idea I posted on our meditation group facebook page and received good feedback. As the event team, I'm assuming that we work with you to coordinate? I have no idea where we would do this...I see it in conjunction with wherever we are occupying. Bottom line...here's the idea, I'm sharing it with the other teams and then seeing where it goes from here.

Recognizing 11-11-11 as a very significant date with huge energetic potentials, events and meditations planned all over the world, the meditation team of Occupy Jax wants to join in with a similar event. I envision us inviting our Christian, Islamic, Hindu, Buddhists, Pagan, New Age, Jewish, Spiritual tribes (have I left anyone out?), to come together as one family and offer our prayers, silent or guided meditations, our om's, or however we voice/connect to the Source that unites us all, and focus our intentions on world peace, unity and global transformation. Structured much like our GA, where every voice is heard, we assemble, not to proselytize, but to contribute the uniqueness of each tradition and blend together with the rest of the world our common hope and dreams for a peaceful, loving and abundant world for all. Love unites us and inviting all to join in this avalanche of global awakening only brings this reality that much closer to manifestation.

I envision us creating a sacred circle. Depending on the number of people we may have circles within circles and in the center an altar of intention. People could bring sacred symbols, objects, flowers, candles, whatever has spiritual meaning to the individuals. This would be a visual representation of our diversity within our unified circle of oneness. There would also be a basket or bowl or something to collect people’s written intentions or dreams for the world. These would be their visions of what heaven on earth would look like. We would begin at 11:00 am and run like the GA’s where people would stand in the center of the circle and offer their prayers, guided meditations, ohm’s what ever and towards the end of that hour we would sit in silence.

Throughout the day people could come and go as they please, and bring their written intentions and leave at the altar. This space would be available for positive expression of all types, music, poetry, art, sharing our dreams for an awakened humanity living in peace and harmony with abundance for all. In the evening we end with a unified community celebration, with food, a drum circle and dance. If this is not feasible on Friday night, we could have our celebration the next day and read the written intentions at the GA.

Besides our contribution in meditation for Occupy Jax, I believe scheduling this event will expand our circle even more into the community and help solidify our desire for this movement to be grounded in peace and love.

evolutiongal

Back to top Go down

Meditation Team Event Idea for 11-11-11 Empty Re: Meditation Team Event Idea for 11-11-11

Post by Evey Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:57 pm

I think this is a great idea. I definitely want to be involved.
Evey
Evey

Back to top Go down

Meditation Team Event Idea for 11-11-11 Empty Re: Meditation Team Event Idea for 11-11-11

Post by evolutiongal Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:44 pm

Hi Evey!

So glad you want to get involved. We are meeting at Memorial Park in Riverside tomorrow at 5. If you can't make it then, we'll be getting together at 12:00 Saturday same place. Post on facebook and invite others who might want to join us. Looking forward to meeting you soon!

Kim

evolutiongal

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporation Cruncher Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:36 am

@ Evolutiongal

Sounds like a great idea!
Do you guys have a place where you'd want to meet up for the event? The best way to do it, I think, is to get a representative from the Meditation group to bring it up at the General Assembly on Saturday and have a vote on it. That way you can get the people's backing and advertise for the event at the same time Smile.

Anyone agree?

Does this make sense?

Corporation Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post by evolutiongal Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:51 am

Working on the event space. Bliss Yoga Studio is a possibility from 11-5 and then moving into a park for the celebration aspect with drum circle etc. If we have a place to occupy 24/7 that would be another alternative. I feel like at tonight's meeting we will nail the place. I absolutely agree about taking it to the GA on Saturday and getting a vote. Will you be coming tonight? I'd love to meet you.

evolutiongal

Back to top Go down

Meditation Team Event Idea for 11-11-11 Empty SAT 10/29 DRUMS AND EVENT PLANS FOR 11/11/11

Post by DuenDeSoul Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:04 pm

Members of the Team and OC/JAX - I am honored to help add some energy to these events and have every intention of sharing a component of spirit energy to the collective, as a strengthening activity.
I am bringing you all drums, along with drumming communty members for the purpose of musical atmosphere, rhythmic energy and most importantly to reinforce the model of unity that exists here within this most powerful movement. It is the way I add my voice.

So that everyone knows, an intent exists to drum only during the gathering hour 11 am til 12 noon. Drumcircle essentially disbands then, to avoid interfering with the rally/speaking parts of the gathering .
Drummers and volunteer (drummers) will be invited to carry and play whatever instruments are available during the march @ 1 pm.

11/11/11 Idea is fast becoming reality. We will be making announcements @ Saturday the 29th GA and describe intent and activities which will take place on Friday the 11th. Partnering with "evo gal" and Shri Devi...we are excited to share this dimension with all the group very soon!

PEACE THRU UNITY

DuenDeSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by Geno Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:03 am

I'm down with this also. Let me know the exact copy you'd like posted on the website event calendar. The website should go live within the next day or so.

Geno

Back to top Go down

Post by evolutiongal Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:39 am

Thanks Geno. We should have that to you in a day or so!

evolutiongal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down