Occupy Jacksonville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Wireman177
Dinahmoe
brit0310
ZachAddair
VerbatimCat
Gatorbait
Geno
Shank
swayda
Trizzle
14 posters

Go down

Post by Trizzle Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:10 am

Official list of tech people. Add your name and a short description of your skills/gadgets etc.

Trizzle
Admin

https://occupyjax.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by swayda Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:46 pm

My name is Sean. I am an Electrical Engineering senior at UNF. I can definitely help with anything involving electricity, computers, networks, websites, etc.

swayda

Back to top Go down

Post by Shank Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:50 am

Im Shank..our you can call me Jayyar (JR)..

im currently in college majoring in the information security field..
i know web design, graphic design,audio and video editing,audio engineering..

in the past i've done a few white hat operations. so i know what im doing computer wise. </truthinlies>

[; image that. lawl.

http://occupyjacksonville.tumblr.com/

built that for us so far. also made it so people can submit stories art,video,pics whatever in to that page regardless if they are a member or not. so our community can contribue to the page as well.

we need to find who runs that twitter hate to be redundant lol
Shank
Shank

http://knowtoomuch.info

Back to top Go down

Post by Geno Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:58 am

I can also help out on the technology front. My web design skills are kinda rusty but I can get back into the swing of things relatively quick.

If there is anything I can do to help, let me know.

Geno

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatorbait Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:42 pm

I'm well know on efnet, my skills range from front end, to back end, server support... you name it! Let me know what I can do including free anonymous hosting and getting information to and from the bigger movements coordinated with local actions.

You can find me on efnet: Gatorbait or email me gb@lulz.net

Gatorbait

Back to top Go down

Post by Geno Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:47 pm

Hey Gatorbait, I'm interested in some server space so we can set up an actual occupyjacksonville.com blog or something. With facebook being our main method of communications, things tend to get lost in the ether.

I'm also interested in how things can be better coordinated with the bigger movements? This alone will be key. It needs to be some sort of open source solution that all of the groups can adopt. I'd love to hear more about what you've got in mind!

Geno

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatorbait Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:54 pm

Pretty easy list there Smile .... we should start out with a domain if we don't have one already.

After that it takes around 2 hours for me to setup something, we could a wordpress style blog that way people could comment, sign up, even use their facebook credentials. We really need a centralized way to chat and organize while not occupying whether it be irc, or twitter. Whatever people in this movement are comfortable with that is really the determining factor since this is a movement by the people from the people.

-Gatorbait

Gatorbait

Back to top Go down

Post by VerbatimCat Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:03 pm

I'm rather handy with back end (2nd/3rd tier) application development and will be willing to chip in if we get anything of that caliber.

Can't find a job as a programmer but I'd like it if I could put my degree to use somehow!

VerbatimCat

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatorbait Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:04 pm

VerbatimCat wrote:I'm rather handy with back end (2nd/3rd tier) application development and will be willing to chip in if we get anything of that caliber.

Can't find a job as a programmer but I'd like it if I could put my degree to use somehow!

Anything helps man, we appreciate it!

Gatorbait

Back to top Go down

Post by ZachAddair Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:41 am

Zach Addair - I'm really good with computers. I have built many of them over the years, including the computer I'm using to type this :-p I work for Bank of America (yeah...) as a "tech guy" helping set up meetings and such, so although my specific knowledge of some computer systems or real programming is limited, I am good at problem solving and I work very well under pressure. I also know a little about networks, mostly just from port forwarding and such for computer games.

Please contact me so I know specifically what sort of things you will need help with, as I may only be so useful or mostly better as an assistant.
ZachAddair
ZachAddair

http://waightstillavery.bandcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ZachAddair Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:21 pm

PS. I could also be on the forum Mod team if you need people on here or on the Facebook page, etc...
ZachAddair
ZachAddair

http://waightstillavery.bandcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shank Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:54 am

Gatorbait wrote:I'm well know on efnet, my skills range from front end, to back end, server support... you name it! Let me know what I can do including free anonymous hosting and getting information to and from the bigger movements coordinated with local actions.

You can find me on efnet: Gatorbait or email me gb@lulz.net

how long have you irc'd on efnet? i used to be on there 24/7 a few years ago in #blacksun. if you been on efnet long enough we probably have at least one person we know in common.
Shank
Shank

http://knowtoomuch.info

Back to top Go down

Post by brit0310 Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:26 am

Should we let folks know bldg 500 is normally open for occupation? The legal team would need to be ready with robust support before such an action is contemplated...

ZachAddair wrote:Zach Addair - I work for Bank of America (yeah...) as a "tech guy" helping set up meetings and such...

brit0310

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinahmoe Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:17 pm

I have virtual hosting, I can host a domain if needed. At this time, I can't offer access to cpanel, but you can have full control of the back end and ftp.

I teach computer and help out at the Uni Park library, they have a computer lab there. Many people have no computer skills at all, I can help. I can also offer free repairs to equipment if the community needs such a service.
Dinahmoe
Dinahmoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Wireman177 Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:20 pm

I am a licensed electrician and the political coordinator for the local electricians union. Id love to help out any way that I can!

Wireman177

Back to top Go down

Post by Spandario Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:30 pm

Hey I'm Daniel/Spandario I've been using technology my whole life. I can help in most areas. I'd like to help with the twitter account as its a way to mobilize and spread the word quickly.

Spandario

Back to top Go down

Post by sundogdayze Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:03 pm

Hey, I'm Sabrina. I have some official tech experience in IT, but most of mine is years of being a nerd. I build, repair, refurbish most computers, laptops, and tablets. I can help with the front end of site building, not so good with coding.

I am a mod and longtime member of Reddit.com, have great social media skills, can create and maintain accounts for social media for OccupyJax. (Facebook, Twitter, etc. as well as real time blogging or video streaming.)

I'm down to help in any way I can, I know there's already a lot of really experienced people in the tech team. I can run support if need be.

Also, I have a few devices that could be used for the purpose, i.e. laptops, tablets, etc.

Let me know!

sundogdayze

Back to top Go down

Post by brit0310 Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:42 am

Brit is fine for me. I'm an Electrical Engineer out of Ga Tech (1982) with focus on digital design engineering. I've worked with PCs throughout my career both in hardware and software development. Many years ago I designed an Atari 400/800 printer interface called the ApeFace. Not so many years ago I designed the first UNF studentId/bankCard system for encoding mag stripe. Currently, I mentor other software developers and write Visual Studio C# and MS SQL applications.

Due to the sensitivity of my employer toward political organizations, I will remain as anonymous as possible. I work full-time so the hours I'm able to contribute will be somewhat limited. I don't watch TV and am somewhat of a workaholic so that still leaves me with many hours where I can contribute.

brit0310

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennie Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:35 am

I'm a Network Engineer. I started working PC's, then moved up to servers/network support. Currently I work mostly on VOIP gear. I also have some spare equipment I might be able to donate. I could definetly help with setting up Wireless Access Points, Routers/Switches, etc. Certs are CCNP/A+/Security+. At one of my jobs I was also kind of over part of the VTC (Video Teleconference) so I know a little about that. I work odd hours, so will not be available all the time. I will help when and where I can!
Kennie
Kennie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennie Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:10 pm

Kennie, Network/VOIP engineer. CCNP/A+/Security+, I can help fix computer issues, help with setting up wireless networks should we ever camp out somewhere. We would need a source of power, guessing a generator of some kind. I can also help with data entry, backing up, misc... I can type about 50 WPM maybe a little more.
Kennie
Kennie

Back to top Go down

Post by skchange Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:53 pm

Afraid all I do is make them pretty.. Web design..
skchange
skchange

Back to top Go down

Post by Geno Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:44 am

Hey skchange and other web designers.

I've got http://occupy-jax.org online now. The CMS is drupal, so if anyone would like to work on that theme, feel free.

The community site is under development. I'm basically copying the www.nycga.net website.

It won't give us quite as many options as the drupal site would have given but it is a more supported platform so I think it will be a better fit for now.

If anyone has experience with WordPress or BuddyPress, let me know.

I've got an old computer that I'd like to set up as a LAMP server but I believe the power supply is fried on it. If anyone would be interested in looking at it, let me know.

I'm also looking into some open source project management software that will help keep the internal stuff flowing smoothly. If you have any suggestions on this, let me know as well.

Sorry I've been such a crappy Tech Lead. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I'm all ears. Smile

Geno

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down